• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why would this be done? Galaxy DX 88HL

well I changed the 220ohm back to a 1k ohm and that radio is sounding good, makes numbers just like my old DX 77HML made. So I will just leave it alone and throw it in the truck

Purenrg was asking about what kind of output you were getting.

As far as the mods go, the 1k ohm resistor under IC9 was changed to amplifiy the TX mixing stage that IC9 does. It is an effective mod, and won't hurt IC9 or make your TX sound nasty. It opens up the width of your TX across all the bands of the radio. You could change it back to the 220 ohm resistor and you would see a small improvement in output across the board.

The cap on the middle final from emitter to ground could be there for impedence matching purposes, perhaps to match or balance the 2 finals. I have seen this done before on other radios.

If your output power is not effected by the cap, I'd just leave it alone. However it sounds like everything is working fine as it is, and you're good to go. (y)

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.