• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHY?????

I have a box of D-104 parts - stems, bases, connectors, you name it. Hmmmm....
Maybe I could put a few stems together and make up a 3 foot tall D-104? Whatchu think? How about a floor model? How about one with two heads?

I have a box of D-104 parts - stems, bases, connectors, you name it. Hmmmm....
Maybe I could put a few stems together and make up a 3 foot tall D-104? Whatchu think? How about a floor model? How about one with two heads?

I would like a floor model. I need it to be 5'8" tall with the chicken choker at 4'8".

With this setup, I could certainly get down and put some slick moves on as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I actually kinda like it. Put a good element in it. I've seen them chopped like that for many a moon.

That is worth $65 ! Somehow I ended up looking at some other gizmo (!damn android ebay app)

★ Sent from my Droid★

It's hard to wreck the looks of a D104 mic. I've always considered them butt-ugly. Anything you could do could only improve it.
Butt-Ugly???? Whatchu talkin'? Man, that mic is a classic.

W7DET, Seattle, 1957.

Attachments

• W7DET_Amateur_radio_equipment,_1957 (3) (640x499).jpg
    W7DET_Amateur_radio_equipment,_1957 (3) (640x499).jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 8
I never really "got them" either, but have seen plenty of them around. I've seen custom paint jobs with candy colors, black out, and everything in between. I tend to like the stock look with a repainted base if it's beat up. To each his own, I guess!

Coolest painted mic I have seen (and I can't remember who did it) was a Turner Plus Two desk mic. It was painted in an aircraft theme, like the air race planes, was white and bright red, and had the mic head painted like the nose of a plane. Sort of like this, but scaled to fit on the mic:

http://arfplanes.com/store/images/Gee Bee.jpg

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.