• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Will my A99 affect my neighbors?

I live in an older part of my town, lots are 80 feet wide, my house is 3 stories, I have a deck for fire escape for the 3rd floor, from there I have an Imax with the ground place kit with 30 ft of army surplus aluminum mast. The antenna has a seperate 10 gauge braided wire about 75 ft of it to an 8ft ground rod under the platform up against the foundation. I use 9913 coax. I can run just about anything I want watt wise with no phone calls from the neighbors but to make sure I usually don't exceed 50 watts. I can talk to anybody I hear on SSB from here in NJ to Calif, Washington State, Florida even talk to Europe and South Africa. Guess the antenna height is was gets me out. I have a wireless surround system in the house, wireless phones and wireless intercom for the front door, the radio doesn't bother anything, the only thing I notice is sometimes on a damp night when I key up the motion light on the back deck will come on.

A99 works for me.

I have used a Radio Shack A99 with radials,and and 5 turns of coax, on 10 meters at about 20 feet for about 10 years, with no complaints. I also have a simular RS CB antenna without radials and no choke that eats right through the 50 year old phone wires in this house.

There are several Truck depots around here. My nephews talk to truckers when they visit. The neighbors wanted to complain, but I was mowing the front yard. How could it be me?

I need to add the choke. Radials would tangle with the TV antenna.

i feel stupid but dose any one have pics pf the rf chokes you are using and same for the radials pictures say 1000 words right lol..

IMG_0160-1.jpg

i feel stupid but dose any one have pics pf the rf chokes you are using and same for the radials pictures say 1000 words right lol..

Here's one I made the other day (no former, just electrical tape and zip ties). The picture shows it on top of my washing machine. Why did I mention that? Because the cap on the top of the agitator in my washing machine turns out to be 4 1/4 inches in diameter (I "formed" it around that). :LOL:(y)

RFChoke.jpg

Reactions: Grizz420
Here's one I made the other day (no former, just electrical tape and zip ties). The picture shows it on top of my washing machine. Why did I mention that? Because the cap on the top of the agitator in my washing machine turns out to be 4 1/4 inches in diameter (I "formed" it around that). :LOL:(y)

RFChoke.jpg

nice.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.