• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Willson 1000 mag mount with 39 inch center loaded whip

sound more like the size on Wilson trucker antenna's ? they are usually 49in. Most Wilson 1000/5000 mags/trunk and roof mount stingers are 62in's and they do sell a 66 incher for certain installs.

I honestly don't know what H&Y is selling ,but Wilson (Barjan) does not sell a 39 inch stinger for anything that I know of ? Even the Lil Wil antenna is only 36 inches long. Most Wilson 1000/5000 stingers are 62 inches , and for the most part never need to be cut , and if they should be ? it wouldn't be more then a inch or two , anymore, and the SWR would be out the window concerning the 11 meter band. So I honestly have no idea what a Wilson 1000 with a 39 inch whip would be used for ?

Thanks for the info ! My mobile antenna has gone south on me and I need a replacement. I would really like to have the wilson 1000 with the 62" whip but it would look really funny on top of my little car.

park said:
Thanks for the info ! My mobile antenna has gone south on me and I need a replacement. I would really like to have the wilson 1000 with the 62" whip but it would look really funny on top of my little car.

Remeber the equation: And antenna must be large and ugly to perform properly.

Just kidding. Kinda.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
i was looking into running that short stinger to stay under 14' on the work truck, but you are limited on the power you can run and i would imagine you would not be as effecient

Yep, I think yall are right. I know I need the 62 inch whip. I am thinking of getting the Wilson 1000 ( I aways think of the Tom Hanks movie castaway ) with the 39 inch'er and also getting the 62 inch whip for $15 and trying both, and giving a report.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.