• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 1000 mag mount

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
The lowest swr i can get on this mag mount is 1.7. now this is with the longest stinger 66 inches.it is on the trunk of the wifes car. do i need to trim the whip?? never had to trim a wilson before..

Thanks
Bobby

what is the swr at 40 and what is the swr on channel 1. if its higher on channel 40 than than channel 1 you need to cut a little. i had to take almost an inch and a half from my 1000 before it would match up.

undertaker said:
The lowest swr i can get on this mag mount is 1.7. now this is with the longest stinger 66 inches.it is on the trunk of the wifes car. do i need to trim the whip?? never had to trim a wilson before..

Thanks
Bobby

Pain in the a$$ time :( Had the same problem with my better halfs car a few years back , Chevy Cavalear. I tried the magmount and then the trunk mount styles of the Wilson 1000 , no matter what I did , (grounding this and grounding that ) after days of working at it , best I could get was a 1.9 around the band, It was the first time I ever had any problems with a Wilson in next to 15 years. I finally left it at that , She talked and recevied very well ,there was just no power involved. I certainly did not blame it on the Wilson , it just had to have something to do with the car. After all was said and done , I was very surprised how well the 1.9 worked and performed. My ears and signal meter couldn't tell the differance between a 1.1 and a 1 .9 ........only my conscience :?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.