• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 305 920

Does anybody have or know about the Wilson ergonomic 305 920 hand power mic? I am replacing the one in my truck because the back ground noise is just terrible and was wondering what owners or listeners think of this mic.

If you have too much background noise an amplified power mic or amplified noise cancelling power mic is a real bad idea.

Yup, if you have bad background noise the last thing you need is a power mic. A Road King 56 would be my first choice, then an Astatic 636, after that a Skythumper (RK-56 clone).

Wilson does say noise canceling. I have never tried it. RK-56 clean and clear Mic. noise cancleing to the point you must talk close. useing lip quard. Ranger Sra-198 This mic a friend of mine has..He listens to TV and Radio and works in his shop Quiet mic with a punch,I would not belive the backround noise this cuts out if I didnt visit his shack one day. D104M6B nice mike I use it in the house..Beware it will brodcast every little sound in the House when you key up.

Wilson does say noise canceling. I have never tried it. RK-56 clean and clear Mic. noise cancleing to the point you must talk close. useing lip quard. Ranger Sra-198 This mic a friend of mine has..He listens to TV and Radio and works in his shop Quiet mic with a punch,I would not belive the backround noise this cuts out if I didnt visit his shack one day. D104M6B nice mike I use it in the house..Beware it will brodcast every little sound in the House when you key up.

That is a sign that the mic is turned up too far.All the amplified mics I've ever owned had way more amplification than what was needed.I've found it best to start with the mic turned up 1/4 of the way and adjust down for peaks of 100% modulation.For that matter I can not think of any CB/export available today that actually needs an amplified mic.

Even far less than 100% modulation The D104 picks up all backround noise, I set the mic to be clear and not overmodulated and still you can hear the phone,TV,Dog,People in the room, My shack location is not that private.

That is a sign that the mic is turned up too far.All the amplified mics I've ever owned had way more amplification than what was needed.I've found it best to start with the mic turned up 1/4 of the way and adjust down for peaks of 100% modulation.For that matter I can not think of any CB/export available today that actually needs an amplified mic.
I have the RK-56 dynamic mic in my other truck hooked up to a Cobra 29 it is unbelievably quiet but you do need to put it right up into your teeth but of all my radios I get this one sounds great with out asking! That 29 does have talk back and echo after market install. I'm trying to see if I can save $20.00 with this Wilson on my other mobile which is also a Cobra 29. I do not recomend the DM-5000 for mobile use which is what I have to replace it hears stuff like the old D-104 and nobody could imagine using that in a mobile environment, but it does have some punch to it just not good in the mobile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.