• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 5000 question

Now everyone's install may be different.

My original 11 meter whip that came with my wilson 5k matched up great so I run it as it came at about 62"

I bought a second whip to run on 10 meters at radio shack of all places, and that whip at 58" matches well enough without cutting that I can operate 27.385-28.50 under 1.5:1 swr match.

Best of luck with the antenna.

Antenna Cutting Guide | Wilson Antennas

Reactions: 2 people
Now everyone's install may be different.

My original 11 meter whip that came with my wilson 5k matched up great so I run it as it came at about 62"

I bought a second whip to run on 10 meters at radio shack of all places, and that whip at 58" matches well enough without cutting that I can operate 27.385-28.50 under 1.5:1 swr match.

Best of luck with the antenna.

Antenna Cutting Guide | Wilson Antennas

mine is roof mounted, and with it set for 10m my match is: 27.500-28.600MHz. Since i am going to pick up one of those new uniden 980s and will not be trying or hoping for extra channels i am going to reset the Wilson for CB 1-40ch. ty for the

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio