• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WILSON 5K / ASTATIC 3K / PREDATOR 10K / ANYTHING ?

K

Kale Cavel

FL Native, the coil antennas aren't just for big power only. They work very well on barefoot radios and Walkie Talkies. Kale

</p>

Gumball, if you wait a week or so for your decision, F.G. is doing some anaylitical modeling of both of those antennas. The results may help you make your decision.

Moleculo

</p>

If ya want to go inconspicuous, I'd go with a Wilson 2000 Trucker or 5000 trucker. I don't think a whole lot of them are getting ripped off. I also don't think the man would really care what antenna you are running. I've never been screwed with by the man for having big ol' Coilys or 10k's - but things might be a changin'...

The Wilson Truckers do very well too, in my opinion.

Hossless

</p>

Nope, you didn't miss it. It's taking much longer than expected. The good news is that Justin told us all that they've got all the tests results done except the last, single coil Predator. Maybe we'll see it soon.

</p>

Gumball, the Predator 10k's are the best I've run - built like a tank and light to boot. They also tune very well. Kale has got a new antenna that would be perfect for a big truck, it's got a 6" shaft and bigger coils - as soon as he's got the tubing to ship the bigger coils I'm gettin' me one for the big truck.

Hossless

</p>

I agree with Doc, no huge difference. Mainly how they are built from the materials to construction, oh ya and how they look. But the Wilson truckers do a great job too.

Hossless

</p>

Toad, I build 6 different length shafts and more than 2 coil designs. A customer emailed me and said he was having problems with his 10K. I found out that he had one with the wrong length shaft. I don't know which one you had but most of the time in your case it might not be the best antenna for what you are using it for. When someone orders an antenna from me, I always ask what kind of vehicle they are going to mount it on and where they are going to mount it. Some dealers will sell what they have to just to make a sale and they will end up calling me with their problems. Kale

</p>

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
I have a Mr.Coily on a mirror bracket on my Volvo 770, with a Galaxy 93 and X-Force 200 HD.

It looks like I must replace the antenna ( or re-engineer my mirror bracket )

I am leaning toward the Wilson or Astatic because they are less obvious - to both the crooks...and to the D.O.T.

Here is the key: I spend 95% of my time on CB ch.19.

and here is the question:

FOR MY APPLICATION, will I see any difference between these antennas ??

...if so, how much ??

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.