• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WILSON POWER NOISE CACELLING TRUCKER MIC

I just received my Wilson power mic and thought maybe others would like to know how it measures up. Well I am happy to say it works well but keep in mind this is only about $30.00 so with that in mind it is a very good mic. The ergonomic design feels great in your hand but it does have a powerful return spring that would get annoying in a very short time so I took mine apart and cut nearly 1/2 of it off what a difference that made especially if you use it as a base mic and spend some time with it. Now sound wise when turned up to full volume it can hear things you can't hear yourself, it reminds me of the D-104 if not even better for picking up sound every where around you fortunately when lowering the audio this go's away with out really losing any audio volume. The quality of audio produced is not comparable to say a studio quality mic but it has very clear audio that's crisp and clean and with even lower volume it starts to get all the tones of real sound and still stays pretty strong volume wise. These results came from my President HR2510 which does have a few mods done such as audio peeked channels etc. This was bought as part of a new mobile set up "Cobra 29LTD Classic with a Les Com frequency expander, frequency couter and more etc" in one of my trucks so one thing that's not so good is that it is not noise cancelling as this is one of the main reasons I purchased this for but it is going to be installed in my Winter vehicle so the windows won't be open to much at all. Overall I really like this mic and the gold metal screen looks good with the black casing. It is comparable to the D-104 M6B in audio. If you are considering this mic and want any other info let me know but keep in mind I am no tech.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated