• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson short load..

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
how is it the wilson short load can be used on the 500 or the 1000 or 5000 ? i can understand the 1000 and 5000 becauce they pretty much have the same coil base but how can the short load whip used in the 500 also ? also,,has anybody used one of these and what do you think of them..

got the short load and it matched up great..recive is great and tx is good so far but have only tested it 10/15 miles or so so far..my buddy after seeing it coulnt belive i got such a good match outta of it so he put his mfj anyliser on it , now hes a beliver..

To be honest I was a skeptic aswell and couldnt believe or understand it either but my buddy did that to his truck so it wouldnt scrape across his overhead garage door on his garage but I must say that stinger actaully works and thats on a Wilson 5000 as a matter of fact he gave me the old stinger yesterday ironically

wife went 18 miles shopping,,gave me 3 bars reading on my 2970 back home that i use as a base..not bad for a 3 foot antenna..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.