• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Winter project help

W9DAY

Feb 13, 2012
Ok I have a transformer that I picked up in an old beat up amplifier that was running 2x 4cx250b's. I have attached an image of what it is. What I want to do is build an amp with a single tube that can utilitize this xformer without running it ragged. I planned on making a separate power cabinet and using an old Palomar 300A chassis I have laying around as an RF deck to put on the desktop next to the rig. I may build a mono band amplifier but if it's not too much work I would like to build a multiband, at least 40-10 if not 80-10.

Any input would be appreciated on this, schematics, pictures, helpful input. This is going to be a winter project and possibly into spring and summer and next winter also depending on what all this is going to entail. I have seen many "kilowatt amplifier designs" out there but nothing for a metal tube to speak of, it seems that's a secret LOL I was also leaning towards one of the russian metal tubes if possible due to them being cheap(er) and more readily available.

Look forward to the comments and help!

Thanks!

Attachments

• transformer.jpg
    transformer.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 287

WOW!!!

Watta ya think the odds are of this happening???

I'm working on a "General purpose" power supply to use with many of my military rigs. Mine is going into an SX-28 type cabinet. Click the pic to see the rest of the pics for my project.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.