• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wire dipole in loft

scottishtommy

Jan 29, 2010
put a dipole in my loft for 11m band good for skip but no good for local any idear how i can make it work for both and i cant put it outside or vertical as its only a small loft thought about inverted v so please send me you idears or liks

regards
tommy (26TM208)

Tommy,

Your dipole is not working for local because it is oriented horizontally, and most 11 meter / cb antennas are vertically polarized. This makes for pretty high losses. Try hanging your antenna vertically and see if this helps with the locals. You might just hang it on the side of the flat, outside, or drop one leg down into a wall cavity to make it fit. Try to keep the leg attached to the center conductor pointing UP.

Good luck and welcome,(y)

PR

When my antenna went bad I put a dipole up vertically outside and it worked great. I was able to talk to a guy in our group on 10m who lives about 40 miles north. Funny thing was I had a high SWR when I mounted it high. I then dropped the top of the wire to about 25 feet and it was just right.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.