• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wiring a d 104 to a Royce 621

Just out of curiosity have you tried grounding the mic to the radio chassis? I had to do this with a D104 I have wired to my Galaxy Saturn Turbo. I grounded the relief spring coming out of the base of the mic to a screw on the outside case of the radio and it eliminated all the squeal I was getting when I tried turning up the mic gain. Give it a try if you haven't already. Best f luck to ya......

Ill try it.. I had someone tell me that you cant run a power mic on Royce radios... Seems that is true..

Ill try it.. I had someone tell me that you cant run a power mic on Royce radios... Seems that is true..

I have a 621 radio with a cobra hand held power mic and I have a cobra power mic with echo in it from the factory that cobra made and they both work on it no problems. both mics work just fine on it. not sure what you have wrong. do you have it wired right? do you have the mic wiring list for it. I can look it up again to verify it if you do not have it.

Back years ago I had a 641 and 625 Royce with a d-104 desk mic that worked without any issues at all...bought the mic new and wired it up

I dont remember any details off hand,that was 30+ years ago

Royce

Royce radios are a Horse of a different color.Almost no two models are identical.Most have very sofistacated Mic circuits with some having Speech Compression.I have a 620 that will work with any Mic,including a D104 Tug9 and a 619 that only works with a non-amplified 600 ohm Mic.Any kind of power mic squeals.If your 104 is amplified try turning it as low as possible and work your way up.If it's not amplified it's the wrong impedence.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.