• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wiring directly to sidemount battery?

R

Relic Hunter

I've been told to wire my radio (Uniden Grant LT) directly to the battery for numerous reasons. I was wondering exactly how you folks do this? I bought some premium 10ga. wire and fuse holder, but haven't the slightest idea where to attach it. Should I take it from where the hot mounts to the starter or straight from the terminal somehow? If the terminal, how do you attach it to a sidemount. I really hate to go between the battery terminal and cable for fear of losing any cranking amps, which my car seems to be a little picky with.

Also, what's the best place for the ground? I've heard everything from the seat bolt to the negative battery terminal. And what size fuse should I use coming off the battery (I have the stock one at the radio).

Thanks,...

Relic Hunter

</p>

I use copper lugs from the electrical supply store or Lowes type store. The wire is binded to the connecter by a turn screw. The connector has a hole in it so you can put it behind a nut on the battery post. They come in all shapes sizes & colors. (not colors) just copper.

Hope this helps

If you need a better description, I can post a pic of one.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.