• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wks-1001

rfoverlord

guardian of freedom
Jun 1, 2005
daegaba system
someone gave me this radio, wks-1001am/ ssb 120 ch. like that is 40 above and below it was made in korea and is dual final. there is no manufacturer date but there is a relay and some seriously large caps in it. it's in excellent caondition and powers up so far. any info would be appreciated.

we had the wks in the uk, some had frequency displays and some just the ch number display, the colnel fr360 was very similar if not identical and both were very much like the president adams with different pll chips.

Pulled from radiomods.co.nz.....

Models using the MC145106 MM55106 MM55116 MM55126 PLL include:-US Models:Browning Mark 4A, Dak Mark V/IX, Robyn 440, Lake 600, Palomar SSB500(late), Regency CB501, SBE 54CB, Keycomm 1000
Export Models:Alaron B-4800, Cobra 148GTL-DX(late), Superstar 360FM(P010), Colonel FR360, Stag 357, WKS1001, President Jackson(PB042), Universe 5500
Uniden 'Clones':Connex 3300, Excalibur base/ Samurai, Galaxy 2100/Saturn/II/Pluto, President Franklin, Superstar 3600/3900, Super Galaxy, Texas Star.

Used in alot of the newer Uniden 'clone' export radios. Also has a pair of MC14008 binary adders to increase Ncode range.

Easily modified by changing the programming or loop mixing crystal.

Jeff

rfoverlord,
If you still need some more info on the WKS1001, maybe i can help. I have eprommed about 10 of them in the past for 26.065 to 27.855mhz with all the alpha channels. I had to change all three crystals and i still have some left.
If you PM me with your Email address I'll send you the board layout with all the adjustments on it.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
Zephyr, i appreciate the offer. one of the guys at work that i did some work for gave me the radio becuase it was taking up real estate on a storage shelf and they had not used it in quite a few years. to me it's not really going to get used, i run a switched 2510. and the rest of the gear is ham gear so if i did do anything with it. it would be educational excursion from nothing else to do.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.