• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wolf Radio antennas

Andy

Feb 9, 2007
USA - Illinois
Can anyone tell me about the .64 wave 11m antenna from Wolf Radio? How does it compare with the Enforcer from Mr.Coily? I'm looking for the best DX antenna I can find. I'll be running less than 1000 watts and my tower is only 40 ft. If anyone has other suggestions for any other antennas, I'm open to anything.

Thanks for your help.

Wolf is not making the .64 wave currently.

Mr. Coily's antenna has a small following and people seem to be happy with it. It's tuned at the factory which may or may not work in your environment. I've yet to get one for testing and I believe the coil at the base is less than optimum.

There are HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of people out here who use and LOVE their I-10K! Many of the users on this forum use them and can swear to their performance.

The I-10K was an offshoot of a Mastadon 5000 built by Jay in the Mojave. The Mastadon 5000 was an upgraded copy of the Penetrator made by Hy-Gain. The Mastadon 5000, while able to handle more power than the Penetrator, still didn't perform as well as Jay wanted.

A complete re-design became the Interceptor 10K which remains to be the best built 5/8 omni to date! It is a FANTASTIC antenna in both electrical and mechanical performance.

I understand there is a current waiting list to get one (I'm on that list). I've own one currently and have had 3 others up at the house here. I've also installed more than 10 of them throughout Southern CA for other operators.

If you want the best and are not afraid of the $289.00 sticker price, then the I-10K is the antenna to have!!!

http://www.a1antennas.com/

Give Steve and call and find out when he plans to ship! (Then come back here and let the rest of us know!

BTW, A1 Antennas even has their own section right here on this forum!!!
http://forum.worldwidedx.com/viewforum.php?f=26

(How's that for cheerleading folks?! I wouldn't do it if it wasn't TRUE!)

The I-10K is with out a doubt THE best built Ground Plane Antenna I have ever used.
It tuned very easy, and built like a brick.
If you want the best built vertical on the market, Jay`s antenna is the way to go.

Jeff

rfoverlord said:
i was just his web site from the link provided and it is still listing this antenna

He told Master Chief he is not making them.
You can email him and try your luck.

ANDY...

the best out there for base vertical omni directional is simply
www.a1antennas.com Interceptor I-10K

it smokes all other antennas
often when i am talking on it
most ask me what kind of beam i am using

also it takes brutal weather easily

it is designed in base form for 10,000 watts (the 10k in model#)

many on this site use it and can also let you know how well it works

MC, no i didn't I'm not in the market for that type of antenna. I'm looking at a Tennadyne 10 or 11 LP since mosely still has a long lead time, and iv'e talked myself out of buying a trap antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.