• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workbench/signal generator

Sorry but I don't understand your comment, I'm trying to learn by not ordering the wrong connectors?
I'm not going to build that particular item, I'm looking into building the rf sampler that you had described. I want to order the correct BNC connectors to put in the box along with the proper cables to connect the box to the scope or counter.

Sorry but I don't understand your comment, I'm trying to learn by not ordering the wrong connectors?
I'm not going to build that particular item, I'm looking into building the rf sampler that you had described. I want to order the correct BNC connectors to put in the box along with the proper cables to connect the box to the scope or counter.
The female BNC's are correct. That isn't the point. You want to build a 1k generator to test radios with. That isn't necessary, when you can use your computer to do the same thing:

Freesound.org - "TONE 1 kHz 44.1 16bit.wav" by klangfabrik

That sample is used to feed the mic when aligning the TX coils.

If you are going to monitor the radio's output signal and freq, it is better to build a standard RF Sampler. It is much easier to build an RF Sampler and use far less parts to accomplish the same thing than the one you proposed to build. IIRC, that the one you've chosen has a AM Demodulator circuit, and that isn't really necessary for bench work. Your choice also uses a padded direct signal rather than a sampled signal, and I would steer clear of that or you may burn out your test equipment if you make a mistake. Just sayin is all . . .

They only real way to do it accurately for RX is to get a sig gen that has the 1000hz signal already built in. You need to use standard tools to get predictable and accurate results.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob, once again you saved me money and educated me.
I found you post on signal file.

And I will need:
1-metal box
1- 100 ohm reistor
1 -ferrite coil
2-so239's (rf in and out)
1- female BNC connector
1- male to male bnc cord
mis wiring

I ordered the necessary parts that I don't have to make the sampler.
I like to homebrew projects, it helps me with the learning curve.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.