• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman 5 tone Roger beep install question/problem

yep ,throw it away now and save yourself the aggravation.i`m not kidding .those things have been an issue with everyone who ever tried to install one .
when and if you do get it to work it will come thru the speaker real loud and barely be heard on the radio end .

yep ,throw it away now and save yourself the aggravation.i`m not kidding .those things have been an issue with everyone who ever tried to install one .
when and if you do get it to work it will come thru the speaker real loud and barely be heard on the radio end .

if its wired incorrectly into the radio wrong?
all the Border folks run them and even more then 3!:headbang

@ratfink make sure its got 9v, unless it takes 12.8v then check to see.....

It said hook into a switched power so I hooked it up to a 12v source, I got it to work in a cobra 29 but not in my 99 I'm not sure that's changed other than my 99v has a RB in it maybe that messes with it I'm not sure . I ordered another beep from a different place and called workman and they had a tech from a Cb Shop in NY and when I get my new one in I'll call that guy back and he's going to walk me through the install on three of my radios . Then I can share that info to others interested and I'm guessing the beep install would be the same as a toy or noise box install for the most part

Heh that's probably the best way to run them. That way only the user gets to hear it, and not everyone else on the air who wishes they'd go away.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.