• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman HP-5000 HOW TO BY PASS PWR/DIM SWITCH?

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
Hi, To everyone. Here go's. I have a hp-5000. I have had it for over 5 years now. Yesterday when trying to turn it on i got nothing no lights no movement of meters. I did notice there was no clicking sound that you get from turning it on or off like it should be. So my question is there a way i can bypass the volume switch in order for it to work? I did unsolder the red and black power and ground wires from the back of the pc board. And touched them to two of the three resistors connected to the on and off switch. The lights came on but smoke started coming from the volume control. I would greatly appreciate any help with this. Thank you.

I'd be willing to bet you popped the protection diode you will find it located where the power hooks to the board and near the small transformer they are black with a silver stripe on one end . Invest in a volt meter too. Radio shack PN 276-1102 about a 1.50 for 3

I'd be willing to bet you popped the protection diode you will find it located where the power hooks to the board and near the small transformer they are black with a silver stripe on one end . Invest in a volt meter too. Radio shack PN 276-1102 about a 1.50 for 3
Hi, I have checked the diode on the back side of the board all is good there. I have two volt meters. Nothing appears to be burnt. Just looking for a way to bypass the on and off switch until i replace it. Thank you for your help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.