• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman UV325MM Dual Band 2m~440 Magnet Mount Antenna

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
I've been wanting to get a Gain (high) dual band (2m & 440) mobile magnet mount antenna. Only have 1 local-practical use for 440 and that is to occasionally talk to some friends in a neighboring county that has a great 440 machine on a mountain top at 4,000ft. Otherwise all my mobile VHF operating is 2 meter. So .... being on a budget I didn't want to pay the highest bucks for the very best dual band antenna out there. I was really looking for a dual band in 3/8 x 24 threaded and get a good 5" magnet .... but I couldn't locate anybody making them. Plenty of single banders .... but no duals. So all offerings found were NMO's with your choice of base connecting. I wanted a mag mount for my setup. The Hustlers and Larsons etc.... were all like $80 or more. Then I saw the UV325MM from Workman. Specs looked comparable to the others and there is at least 1 dealer on eBay selling them for $35 so I made the buy.
Pleasantly surprised with sturdy-heavy construction. Strong 4 inch magnet .... it's not going anywhere. Working repeaters 30 miles away on 10 watts off the mobile radio ..... so it's doing the job. Time will tell if it holds up but it is looking good to start out.

Reactions: Rwb

I've been wanting to get a Gain (high) dual band (2m & 440) mobile magnet mount antenna. Only have 1 local-practical use for 440 and that is to occasionally talk to some friends in a neighboring county that has a great 440 machine on a mountain top at 4,000ft. Otherwise all my mobile VHF operating is 2 meter. So .... being on a budget I didn't want to pay the highest bucks for the very best dual band antenna out there. I was really looking for a dual band in 3/8 x 24 threaded and get a good 5" magnet .... but I couldn't locate anybody making them. Plenty of single banders .... but no duals. So all offerings found were NMO's with your choice of base connecting. I wanted a mag mount for my setup. The Hustlers and Larsons etc.... were all like $80 or more. Then I saw the UV325MM from Workman. Specs looked comparable to the others and there is at least 1 dealer on eBay selling them for $35 so I made the buy.
Pleasantly surprised with sturdy-heavy construction. Strong 4 inch magnet .... it's not going anywhere. Working repeaters 30 miles away on 10 watts off the mobile radio ..... so it's doing the job. Time will tell if it holds up but it is looking good to start out.
im partial to hustler,i bought the mx 1 i belive it was. Set it up 2 meters had flat vswr 440 was like 1:4 across the band. Made 40 mile simplex contacs with yaesu 7250 on 50 watts.most of the time i run 25 watts n use repeaters.
But hey if it works for you thats great

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.