• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Would This Power Supply Work With My Palomar 450HD??

You're going to have to modify that PS if it hasn't already been done. Lots of tutorials online, just google that Delta Electronics + model number. You might not be able to get the 13.8 volts that the equipment might be expecting. Generally when a computer power supply says 12 volts, it means 12 volts.

Reactions: Robb
One site selling them had this:

Specifications:

• Manufacturer: Delta Electronics
  • Model: DPS-600QB A
  • MP/N: 15240-12
  • Server Power Supply
  • Input:
    • 100-240VAC
    • 8.25A max.
    • 50/60Hz
  • Output:
    • +12VDC, 40A
    • +5.1VDC, 28A

Not worth it to mod it. I will just get a that 36 to 41 amp Megawatt power supply and run my Palomar 450HD at 200w to 275w should be enough for me to dx with my antenna feed point at 28ft.

That one is only located like 100 miles from me $65 and $6.10 shipping to me is a good deal my Palomar only uses like 42 to 44 amps. I think I will get that one I do not have $110 for a megawatt power supply right now and 75amp is enough power even if I get a 650w to 700w amp. Next I will need a tvi filer. With this HP power supply is there a hash sound on receive??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.