• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

www.cbradiomagazine.com reviews the Dosy FC 50 frequency counter

...sounds like it should do fine for AM folks wanting to know where they're at though ;)

why bother?? with an AM signal that is so w-i-d-e, who's gonna notice (or even be able to hear the difference by ear) of a few cycles one way or the other.

i bet it would work great on FM too:whistle:

sometimes "close enuf" IS "close enuf"

some folks have extra channels added on to their cb radios , having the counter will let them know what frequency they are on without having to have or keep track of a channel map . and also for use with exports that just have a letter designation for the different channel bands .

some folks have extra channels added on to their cb radios , having the counter will let them know what frequency they are on without having to have or keep track of a channel map . and also for use with exports that just have a letter designation for the different channel bands .

the fc390/fc347/superstar kfv1 all work well on radios with 10.695 mhz IF or after modification on 7.8 mhz IF radios,on all modes both tx and rx,especially if you have radios that are modded the old way by changing binary logic on the pll/adders.they ain't the most accurate counters in the world but give a good indication of where you are and look nice too.

Ideal on my ss3900 eghp and my ss3900 which are both pre fitted with sockets for them to plug into,but can be hardwired into many radios as they come with a wiring harness.its important that your oscillators and ssb offsets are set accurately on frequency though as they take part of their reading direct from the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.