• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu ft 101 ee problem

marven

Jun 12, 2006
At the risk of sounding like a dumb axx, which with this radio I are. A customer brought this one into the shop last week, missing the board under the top cover. It had been chopped out of the radio.
I've ordered a service manual and pcb schematic, but don't yet know what this board that is missing, was for. Can someone take a quess and tell me where I might find one?
I work on radios everyday, however, this one was before my time.
marven :oops:
Any help would be appreciated, as I'd just like to help this oldtimer get back on the air. He had it stored, and doesn't know who helped themselves, or when.

The FT-101EE model is a Economy FT-101E model. It has all FT-101E specifications except, No Speech processor (available as an option). So it may have never been there. Are the wires in the bundle all nice and neat, with a nylon tie around them?
I have seen 101`s without that board in them.
Have you tested the radio at all?
any RX?

Let us know

Jeff

101ee

I haven't powered the radio at all, because the wires are a chopped up mess, spegettied all over. I 've been afraid to put power to it, until I get them all quarantined.

I talked to the owner, who said he hadn't been able to get it to power up. I was wanting to know a little more first. Before I raised to much hell with it.

marven :roll:

Is it dead centre of the radio and towards the front? If it is then I suspect it is an IF filter probabaly for CW narrow. Not 100% sure but that is my best educated guess. It should at least power up without it.

FT 101EE

iT IS NOT A CW FILTER THAT IS GONE IT MOUNTS ON A PC BOARD ON THE RIGHT MIDDLE SIDE NEXT TO THE CASE.IT SOUNDS LIKE THE SPEACH PROCESSOR BOARD WAS A OPTION ON THE FT101EE IT SHOULD POWER ON FINE.I HAVE 4 YAESU
FT 101S E,EE,EX AND D MODEL.

DE K8PG PAUL CW LIVES
PS-GO THE THE YAHOO GROUP FT101s THERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A SCHMETIC OF THE RIG-GL

ft 101 ee

After your posts and looking in the service manual , I think it was a speach processor board. Wish I had one! lol
At least now, I don't think I will be causing damage powering it up. I really appreciate the help, thanks!!!

marven :roll:

There were no "A", "C", or "D" models produced, there were 2 flavors in the "plain" 101 Models, a early and a late. Serial numbers below 25,000 are the "Early", and Serial numbers above 25,000 were the "late" ones.
FT-101B - "Early" Model Serial numbers below 6,000.
FT-101B - "Late" Model,Serial numbers 6,001 and up,then there was the FT-101BS
Special FT-101B model for Japan Market.
FT-101E, Three sub-models:
"Early" - S/N 15,000 and lower. (PB1494) Processor
"Mid" - S/N 15,001-20,500. (PB1534) Processor
"Late" - S/N 20,501 and up. (PB1534A) Processor, (PB1547A) Regulator, (PB1183C) IF, (PB1315B) Audio, (PB1582) Blanker.
FT-101EE
Economy FT-101E model.
FT-101EX
Extreme Economy FT-101E model.
FT-101ES
Special FT-101E model for Japan Market.
FT-101F
Latest in the FT-101 series.
FT-101FE
Economy FT-101F model.
FT-101FX
Extreme Economy FT-101F Model.

Jeff

FT 101D MODEL

THE FT 101D MODEL WAS A JAPANESE MODEL ONLY SOLD IN JAPAN IT WAS LIMITED TO 20 WATTS CW,I PURCHASED MINE
IN 1973 IN MACAO .THE JAPANESE MAKE MANY HF RADIOS THAT ARE NOT IMPORTED TO THE USA.HOW ABT THE JRC 2030
20 WATT XCVR OR THE TS520-530 -820-830S 1 TUBE RIGS? OR THE IC616XCVR THAT COVERS 6 TO 160MTRS AND IS A HYBREAD FROM 1974 THAT IS 10WATTS CW.ITS VERY INTERESTING HOW MANY DIFFERENT HF RIGS THAT THE INDUSTRIES PRODUCED FOR THE JA MARKET ONLY A LOT WERE CW ONLY.73/GL/DX

PAUL K8PG CW LIVES :usa

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.