• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YAESU FT 891 REVIEW by 91DD018

I have the FT857D and it's a great radio, but the screen is on the small side. Here is a video by OH8STN on the FT817 the setup works on the FT857d also, i purchased the bluetooth module and downloaded the software and it works pretty good and now i have a larger screen.

picture of my tablet.

1F7295BA-307E-432B-9C24-7EC057B45F67_zpshnl9rufa.jpg

I've used that software before, only just as a web sdr. But I did notice it was set up to control the 817/857. Pretty cool!

Brett

Brett,
How are you liking the FT-891?
Can you explain the process for changing the Transmit power level? I don't see it in the manual.

Thanks!

I like it a lot, so far. Played with the menu settings, eq settings, etc. Takes a little getting used to, but you know, once most stuff is set, you don't change it much. I haven't assigned the A,B,C buttons yet. Power is in the main menu, and is adjustable for SSB, AM, FM, and CW individually. Hold the "F" button down for a second and it will take you there... then scroll through until you find it. Should be an easier way, but maybe firmware will change that in the future. Would be nice just to have it as an adjustable knob.

Brett

Last edited:
I like it a lot, so far. Played with the menu settings, eq settings, etc. Takes a little getting used to, but you know, once most stuff is set, you don't change it much. I haven't assigned the A,B,C buttons yet. Power is in the main menu, and is adjustable for SSB, AM, FM, and CW individually. Hold the "F" button down for a second and it will take you there... then scroll through until you find it. Should be an easier way, but maybe firmware will change that in the future. Would be nice just to have it as an adjustable knob.

Brett

Thanks!

Reactions: 2RT307
ordered the yaesu ft-891 and atas 120A today,,,, tried going without hf in the mobile for the last few months since I got a different vehicle,, but 2m/440 just isn't cutting it, I want my hf back!!
Got mine installed the week before last. Really like the convenience of the ATAS 120A with the FT-891,and the rig is a good, solid performer. Hope you like yours, and some install pics would be great, along with a review. Not much on the internet about these rigs.

Brett

Reactions: camaro1

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated