• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu Ft101EX

Strange thing for someone to do.

Get a manual, it will tell you where to set the load and tune for each band.

Also, make sure that the proper X-Tals are in the right slots for each band.

After you have it tuned for max. look at where the Tune gang meshes; if the gang is too open, you need less turns for the specific band. If your gang is fully closed then you need more inductance for that band.

Do that for each band; use a Cantenna for your load, This will tell where the coils are resonant at then, if necessary you change the taps.

:idea: Any idea where the taps were (maybe you can see where they was unsoldered from)?

I found out this rig was ran by someone with the 11 meter and a golden screwdriver. I have to do the c125 mod on the finals network and a realignment. Is there a program I can download so I can use my computer as a rf/af signal generator?
:cry:
The inductor coil has soder bridges in it so I will have to pull it and do a clean up. :cry: :cry: :cry:

FT-10EX TANK COIL

Hello:

Go to the Yahoo Groups and go to The Ft 101 groups page there you can download a copy of the schematics under the FILES heading it should not be to hard to rewire the coil-GL

DE K8PG Paul CW LIVES

Transmit wise, what is this radio doing that it should not be doing or, what is the radio NOT doing that it should do?

11 meters is only one band; I doubt that all of the bands are screwed up. What is the bias level set at?

When the meter is in the plate current position, what is it reading when you tune?

Does this radio receive?

At least once a year, all control pots need to be cleaned; Alcohol works good, would not use "Contact Cleaner / Lube" that you see in cans from Radio Shack.

Re: FT-10EX TANK COIL

K8PG said:
Hello:

Go to the Yahoo Groups and go to The Ft 101 groups page there you can download a copy of the schematics under the FILES heading it should not be to hard to rewire the coil-GL

DE K8PG Paul CW LIVES
..........I agree, Fox Tango is great source of info on the 101 series. You have to join, but it's free and you'll won't be dissapointed. Paws is correct in his replies, watch the idle current..... better yet, check your bias first should be 60ma (3 blocks on meter) You may have already known that, but just in case.....it's best to keep the switch (next to meter) on I.C. and kind of keep an eye on it from time to time. If it starts to take off (starts to go up without any TX) shut the radio off right away. (again I may be telling you something you already know) I'm just giving you a head's up just in case. 73s.....Pluto.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.