• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350AR Beacon pop up & Firmware Question

DB1ULI

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jun 23, 2011
Hi all!

I've got this fine rig now for a couple of weeks and I am quite happy so far. Two questions currently, though.
1. How often a beacon pop up shows up when the call sign has been already received and listed in the station list? It seems to me that once a station is in the list, the pop up will not pop up any more for at least a day. Is this correct and may this intervall be changed probably?
2. I've Firmware 1.2 on my rig, Yaesu.com says there is already a V.1.3. Does anybody know what issues have been adressed with this update?

Thanks and 73,

Uli

Yaesu puts the list of fixes in the Help contents of the update program. Here's what it says about 1.3:

* Version 1.3 (2010-Dec)

(1)Correction of the SORT FILTER function
In the previous software, there was a problem that the radio did not work correctly under some SORT FILTER function setting and condition.
This problem has been resolved in this firmware.

I believe the other question about the station popup is a setting in the radio. I'll double check later when I have the radio in front of me, unless someone beats me to it.

Hi Moleculo!
Thanks for the feedback. I've never seen a menue item concerning the popup intervall. Currently the behaviour of my rig is a little strange in this area.
Uli

Same here. I notice that some stations pop up consistently while others are just updated in the slist. I found it useful to change the menu setting so that pop ups are In a different color than what the screen is.

Hi again!
Still a strange thing. I scanned the manual up and down for any info, how this behavior could be changed or why it does like this. I did not find anything helpful, though. :confused:
Any idea appreciated!
Regards,
Uli

I did some testing on this over the weekend and forgot to post the results. The popup only happens when it receives a new beacon. Once it's in the station list, it doesn't popup again until it falls off the list. Rather, it just moves the station in the list according to your list settings. I think I tested this once before, but I'm not sure.

I own 3 FTM-350's and the two new ones came with v1.5 firmware. Yaesu doesn't have it on their site. I'm confused at why that would be.

I own 3 FTM-350's and the two new ones came with v1.5 firmware. Yaesu doesn't have it on their site. I'm confused at why that would be.

You should send a message to their support staff asking how to obtain the latest firmware for your older unit. Then report back to us and how we can get it :)

Popup

Hi all!

Some news of the popup stuff. The same station pops up again, if something of the beacon's content changes. I am qrv on our local repeater most of the time, and than my own beacon pops up only once or not if I am currently in the station list. But when I change the frequency to another repeater, it pops up. When I change it again some time later, it pops up again once. I don't know which content has to change but I guess this is one of the parameters yaesu checks. Unfortunately, one can't change this parameters in the settings.
Uli

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.