• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-400DR

Ouch on the price! I still love my FTM-350 and will probably not replace it until it dies.

These companies must think we are made out of money?

If you all remember, Icom wanted a ton of money for their 2300 when it came out, and it was only a 2m rig, nothing special. The companies hype the product for months, ok for yaesu this has been going for a freaking year. They think they have a bunch of kids craving candy, and will ask top dollar for the 400. Sadly, plenty will be suckers and hand it over. Let them be the beta testers and see how the radio prevails. I'll stick to my new, and tried and true D710

Thats probably an ok radio for anyone who likes packet, and gps which I do not. I did packet back in the 80's and after 6 months got rid of all the equipment for it...But thats just me , a lot of hams love the digital modes. The price tag is way over the top, I'd never pay that kind of money just to gain APRS and GPS modes but a lot of guys will.

I am very interested in this radio, but the price is a bit much for me right now, plus I just got my d710.

Also, I don't get the digital mode of FDMA as Vertex just recently released their new eVerge series of digital radios that are not only reasonably priced, but are TDMA.

TDMA is not compatible with FDMA. Yes I know vertex is the LMR division an owned by Motorola, still doesn't make sense.

TDMA - Motrola, Vertex, Hytera, Harris and others.

FDMA - Kenwood and now Yaesu as far as I know.

I was hoping to see this radio first-hand at the Huntsville Hamfest this past weekend, however, Yaesu did not have one on display (which I thought was kind of odd).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.