• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM350 sound clip?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Anyone have this installed: YAESU FVS-2 and a video or audio clip of it in action?

I have one installed in my radio. I can get a sound clip tomorrow. When installed, announces current operating frequency, announces a band change and APRS messages. It can also record up to 5 minutes of received audio for later playback. I have found little use for it and currently it is turned off. It started bugging me every time in announced a frequency after I changed it. I know what frequency it is, I just put it there! :censored:

I have one installed in my radio. I can get a sound clip tomorrow. When installed, announces current operating frequency, announces a band change and APRS messages. It can also record up to 5 minutes of received audio for later playback. I have found little use for it and currently it is turned off. It started bugging me every time in announced a frequency after I changed it. I know what frequency it is, I just put it there! :censored:

LoL I bet its as annoying as ozzy Osbourne's talking car !

Yes please upload all its features via video or audio file. Ty

Well here is the sound clip. A couple of notes:
1. The 5 minutes recording is receive only
2. To get the 350 to read out the message you must have the sender of the message to include a % in front of the text otherwise it will only read the incoming call sign.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• FTM-350 FVS-2.mp3
    1.2 MB · Views: 233
Reactions: 1 person
Well here is the sound clip. A couple of notes:
1. The 5 minutes recording is receive only
2. To get the 350 to read out the message you must have the sender of the message to include a % in front of the text otherwise it will only read the incoming call sign.

Hope this helps.

lmao that voice module is gaye! I mean c'mon it doesn't "read" the text message? now i see why you have it disabled:bdh: Can settings be changed on the voice module like speed, pitch etc....? I do thank you for the upload...
I think its safe to say: ill buy the BT or GPS unit first rather then spend the $35.00 on that annoying voice module.

You have choices of English or Japanese for the voice. Low, Medium or High for volume. Announce Off, Manual or Auto.

There are the settings. It is sucky, thats why it's off. :thumbdown:

The BT and GPS are both great purchases. I have them both and they work very well.

You have choices of English or Japanese for the voice. Low, Medium or High for volume. Announce Off, Manual or Auto.

There are the settings. It is sucky, thats why it's off. :thumbdown:

The BT and GPS are both great purchases. I have them both and they work very well.

i am curious about the Yaesu FVS-2 "Recording part" where does the recorded files go on the radio? can it be played back via radio? how about when plugging in the ADMS350 RT cable to the Laptop can the recorded track be sent to the computer?

The recorded part stays on the chip. You listen to it on the 350. You can't export it to a laptop. It is really kind of useless.

The recorded part stays on the chip. You listen to it on the 350. You can't export it to a laptop. It is really kind of useless.

Oh man, what were those brainiacs at yaesu design thinking !.....only way I see exporting it is via audio cable from speaker out to pc live recording ( pain in the butt ).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.