• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu rotators

rfoverlord

guardian of freedom
Jun 1, 2005
daegaba system
has anyone used or currently using a yaesu rotator? specificly the 800 dxa/sdx series. read e-ham reviews just looking for feed back i can relate to from my peers. tnx 73

well i have a older hygain rotor, i forget the model the one below the ham 4. but it needs new bearings and for what that cost with a new race it's more than a 1/3 of a new yaesu rotor.
besides i can get idiom press card and have it computer controlled

Yaesu Rotators-Hygain Rotators???

Ive been using Hygain (MFJ) rotators for 37 yrs never had a problem,they might stick a few times,but that was a problem with the shimming and the thrust bearing with the mast.I currently hav 2 -TX2s and 2 Ham 4s all pc controled with Idiom
Press controls they are really neat.All parts or rebuilds are had at Norms Rotators.I like all aluminum and steel construction and parts can be had quickly.The Yaesu rotators have nylon gears,that wear out quickly.I had a Dxx1000 and I broke it turning a 4 ele 40mtr yagi tore the hell out of the gear box,you will never do that with a Ham-4 or TX2 you might have to change the starter cap and always keep the thrust bearings filled with gear grease.Starter cap in the control box unit.It really depends on your wind load and SQ ft of antenna and weight of antenna.I know hams that swear by the Yaesu rotators or Hygain they all must be maintained.GL-73

DE K8PG Paul CW LIVES :usa

i will be going with the yaesu 800sxa and a idiompress card. for now it only has to turn a 8ele. crossboom 2mtr. and a 8ele.crossboom 440 i haven't decided on a hf antenna yet so for now i will get a hustler 5btv, ground mounted of course
and a homebrew cobra antenna

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.