• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-8

RT Systems Software and Programming Cable

I called RT Systems about the programming cable and software. They took my information and replied with the following.....

Thank you for your interest in the programmer for the new VX-8.

Catching you up on our progress...

We got our first chance to look at a radio on Saturday, December 19.
Things are moving a little slowly as our presumption for use of the mic adapter for programming was incorrect. We are waiting now for other cables/adapters to arrive so we can figure out the wiring configuration to address the radio. As always, until we can communicate with the radio, we can make no promises on the availability of the programmer to address it.

On December 23, the part arrived that we hoped would shed more light on our ability to communicate with that radio. It did. After identifying the exact wiring and unique circuitry needed for that radio, we were finally successful in our efforts.

We can say with assurance that there will be a programmer for that radio.

As for timing, we have these three requirements to complete

1) Development of new circuitry between the radio and the computer.
This radio does not use the same interface as any of the other HTs or mobile radios.

2) Design and production of a cable with the connection needed to address the mic jack of that radio. There is not a YAesu accessory that can be used without extensive modification.

3) Development and testing of the software...this is the easy part since this is done in house. The other two items must be addressed by our suppliers.

We figure early March for the release.

We will keep your e-mail address to let you know when that programmer will be available.

*****Looks like our schedule has slipped some. Never knew prototypes and layouts could take so long. Plan on early April now.*****

We'll keep you informed.

--
Best regards,
Websales
RT Systems Inc
PO Box 319
Hermosa, SD 57744

404-806-9561

I have a question that may seem pretty obvious but I have a new radio and I want to make sure I dont screw it up.. I have a MFJ-1727S144/440MHz antenna that I used on my VX-170... it replaced the duck... so my question is this... if I keep the VX-8r on the 144 and 440 band I should be ok using it right? I also have a mag-mount 144/440 for my car that I was thinking about using as well... Any thoughts?

Yeah, if you have a 2m/440 antenna you want to use, just make sure you only TX on 2m or 440 :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.