• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeah...another poll

Thestonerguy

Apr 3, 2005
Texas
www.cbgazette.com
I periodically come out with what I think are the most rare of CB's, and Ebay is usually a pretty good "meter", but then ya never know. A CB may come up for auction that you haven't seen in years - if at all and fetch a huge price, and then for months after that Ebay is deluged with auctions for the same rig (guess it really wasn't THAT rare after all, just thought of as worthless and packed in someone's closet).

So to start this off I'll tell ya what I think ISN'T rare, followed by a few examples of what I do think is rare....and maybe you'll have a few I didn't think of.

ISN'T-
Any Tram, with the exception of the Corsair
Any Browning
5oth anniversary edition EF Johnson 250
Lafayette Comstat 25B and 35

IS-
Tram Corsair
Robyn SB-540
E.F. Johnson 351
Lafayette Comstat 25 (not the 25A or B, just plain 'ol 25)

Your turn...

I think the that r rare are

tram 23
dak X
robyn 123
robyn 240

radios that arent rare are
cobra 2000
cobra142
president washington
and brownig markIII

I had a FS2340 w the display, that was the factory up-grade when the rules changed from 23 to 40. If you get a chance to see one, it used about 7 seperate IC`s to build the PLL section of the Radio, this mounted on a couple of pc boards directly behind the channel display.
And yes, it was a very cool radio, wish I had never let it go.....

Jeff

AudioShockwav said:
I had a FS2340 w the display, that was the factory up-grade when the rules changed from 23 to 40. If you get a chance to see one, it used about 7 seperate IC`s to build the PLL section of the Radio, this mounted on a couple of pc boards directly behind the channel display.
And yes, it was a very cool radio, wish I had never let it go.....

Jeff

I mistyped, it had a digital frequency readout. His pictures were terrible (from his cell phone no less), but here's a link to a fuzzy picture:
http://cbdaze.blogspot.com/2006/02/do-we-really-need-small-er.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.