• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yeasu 767

panama

Apr 6, 2005
IOWA
home.mchsi.com
can some one give their opinion about this rig im thinking about buying one does it have 2 and 6 and 11 meters if not can it be converted ,also tell me about the built in antenna tuner will it work(tune) right for 2,6,11 meters also anybody here selling one let me know ,,,,,,,thank you panama backen out

panamasig.gif
</p>

Panama,

I'm sure Dean will jump in here as he has had a couple of them, but here is what I know from looking around.....

You need a module that plugs in the back of the radio to get 2 meters and I believe 6 as well. The conversion for 11 meters can be done, but isn't the easiest in the world.

Make sure you check the reviews of this rig on eham.net. They still command a pretty high price, on Ebay anyway. I really wanted one till I seen that for about the same money or a little more, you can get an Icom 746 which doesn't require the modules, and is a newer radio.

All that being said, anyone that has talked to Dean will tell you that the audio from the Yeasu is great. I believe that when it was new, it was the flagship yaesu model.

hollywoodsig.gif

Base:

President Lincoln, AR-3500 (100 watt), KLV 550, Interceptor 10K

Mobile:

Magnum 357, Wilson 1000

"Most people in this world will never need a gun, however the ones

that do will need it in the worst way possible, and usually never live

to tell about it"

Jeff Cooper

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated