• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yet another Galaxy 959 problem

iceman78

Feb 15, 2009
driving down the road not doing anything--just sandbagging. all of a sudden without warning the 959 rodger beep starts beeping continuously. the TX/RX LED seemed to be stuck on both (LED was both red & yellow). weird. when i keyed ther mic i could transmit however upon unkeying the beep stayed on. i shut the car for a while then started it again and all was well...for a few minutes. then the problem started again. wiggled mic connections and checked grounds...everything checked out. any ideas?

driving down the road not doing anything--just sandbagging. all of a sudden without warning the 959 rodger beep starts beeping continuously. the TX/RX LED seemed to be stuck on both (LED was both red & yellow). weird. when i keyed ther mic i could transmit however upon unkeying the beep stayed on. i shut the car for a while then started it again and all was well...for a few minutes. then the problem started again. wiggled mic connections and checked grounds...everything checked out. any ideas?

try unplugging the mic.may not work but worth a try

actualy just invested a few minutes into the problem and i think i found the culprit. the problem isnt the mic or mic connector but the mic socket in the radio. when i fiddled around with the socket it seemed to stop the problem. guess theres a loose wire inside. will deal with that over the weekend.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.