• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeti Optima MKIII CB Mode Output Power?

Mine is back in it's box and is in Amateur mode/export mode with continuous tuning. In that mode it keys a lot more than 4watts. The setting for locked into CB mode versus continuous tuning 10/11/12 meter is jumper defined. Need to build a new multi purpose beng/reloading/electronic bench. So all my gear is packed up while I figure out how to design an all in one bench for my spare bedroom if I can manage all in one. I do not want to take the cover off and switch the jumper just to find out if the power output is in some way limited when in CB mode.

Wife wants a larger space for arts and crafts so I need to share a space. I have ZERO issue with that but my separate benches and desk will not work now. I would prefer not to have my reloading gear in the damp basement.

It is more of a curiosity than anything else but it does intrigue me since they list the power output in CB mode to be 4 watts. I say this because almost every Mosfet export rig or mosfet modified CB no matter what the dead key they always swing to crazy levels so even if the carrier is set to 1.5 watts they swing to 60w, 90w, 140 watts etc......

I am not sure what the power output is off the top of my head maybe 40 watts pep? I have amplifiers so a radio's output power is almost always a negative if higher than 16 watts since I do not need more than that. I do not put a pad on any of my amps so I have do not need much output from a radio. I like the radio because of it's decent audio, great SSB stability and continuous tuning with no band gaps. I have to admit I wish I had bought 2 of them since it's compact size would be a plus for my car.

If it does operate like an FCC type approved Class D radio in that mode including the power output I was just wondering how they do it with just a jumper switch.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.