• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

It was good out here tonight.
The net started at 8pm pacific time and there were guest checking in from Ohio, Montana , Washington, British Columbia, even a station from Salt Lake made it in.
The background noise was low enough that I was still copying local checkins 60 miles out into the south valley.
Before the net we talked to @DXman for a bit and couple stations bounced in and out in between.

Jeff

ive got a close friend in childress tejas.planning a trip next spring to come down to turkey for BOB WILLS DAYS . lloyd has a big rv he is parking at turkey n we gonna be there few days
Is that where you are, Turkey Tx?
Yeah I think Childress may have gotten some of that storm last night. My Job takes me through Turkey sometimes, pretty country side down through there, I always picture John Wayne riding off through the canyons.

Reactions: Rwb
Sitting in the living room drinking the early morning cup of coffee when my wife takes a seat next to me. During the morning chat she says "I heard you talking all over the place last night" I said yeah it was a good night and everything was on my side. We sat for a little while and I can feel her look my direction and say "So you're gonna sell it all off and just be done with it huh" :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

She isn't serious of course, she's a dang good wife but she won't let me live it down!

Sitting in the living room drinking the early morning cup of coffee when my wife takes a seat next to me. During the morning chat she says "I heard you talking all over the place last night" I said yeah it was a good night and everything was on my side. We sat for a little while and I can feel her look my direction and say "So you're gonna sell it all off and just be done with it huh" :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

She isn't serious of course, she's a dang good wife but she won't let me live it down!
Well you loaded the clip for her.......and she emptied it into you when the time was right! LMAO!

JD

And back to the subject at hand, I was set up today for a town wide yard sale with a lot of mobile radios on display for sale. I also had my GE Super Base set up on a temporary antenna and DX was Rocking & Rolling most of the day hoping to interest someone in radio. Nobody expressed any interest in radio so I guess I'll have to turn to Craig's List to hopefully peddle my AM radio's. To bad the gas drillers weren't still in the area.

Is that where you are, Turkey Tx?
Yeah I think Childress may have gotten some of that storm last night. My Job takes me through Turkey sometimes, pretty country side down through there, I always picture John Wayne riding off through the canyons.
im in missouri ,going to turkey,staying with my friend in his big rv at turkey,he lives in childress

There is something to be said for my unfocused, multi faceted life style I lead. When radio is down I jump on something else to humor me. When I took my van to Harbor Freight yesterday to pick up a carport my DX 979 was scary quite so now I have to check that out and see if it was the radio or just conditions.:eek:
Well was a rainy day and Dx rolling again today so grabbed my DX 979 I said the other day wasn't working and removed the covers to look inside for loose wires or such. Spotted nothing so sprayed the squelch area inside and behind the knobs with electronic cleaner and low and behold she is rocking again. Glad that was a easy fix !

Well lets see it's 8:30pm here in Seattle and the DX is very good this evening, the strange thing is its all very shot hops. Mostly north/south with some as short as 400 miles. I normally go from here to middle of California when it is like this but had many to the northwest of Nevada and to Boise Idaho. Very short.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.