• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

150gtl

What a great price. As I stated Cole's, Lesco, and Ramko have them wholesale for $149 plus shipping. The rebate is good until the 15th so the lowest I have seen it online is $159 from Palco. Thanks for the info and you got a great super deal. Ben in Florida

Just one more update on this radio...

I have been running this radio in a slipseat configuration in my subaru wagon with Wilson 1000 magmount for a few days now--the TX continues to get good reports except one guy says it needs more modulation, but everyone else reports "loud and clear."
A couple mention that the audio is a little thin sounding, but plenty loud. I am using the stock mic for these tests, so I should maybe try an Astaic 575 on it and see it the tone control might help with that.

The RX is pretty susceptible to power line and traffic light type noise--the Uniden Grant LT handles this stuff alot better it seems. At times the radio becomes unusable when experiencing this type of intense, strong static. Getting out away from town a little, and it does a nice job. As I said before, no problem with sensitivity. We played briefly with FM again today, it works well, but everyone wants to switch back to AM after awhile, afraid of missing something I guess!

That's pretty much the rub on the thing--the RX just collapses at a certain point due to external noise being picked up strongly. The 15 watt carrier power seems just about right, any more and you are likely to transmit quite a bit farther than you can hear.

I just keep saying "20 bucks" when I look at it. Could have been a winner with a better RX.

Nice report. Mine is still sitting on the shelf while I try and decide how to mount it up. I did power it up with the shop power supply and hook it to the Antron in the shack to make sure it was not DOA. Worked fine there.

I have not recieved my rebate yet but I just sent it so don't expect it for a bit. I sent it last tuesday via Priority Mail delivery confirmation. And kept copies of everything including a photocopy of the UPC (which is the best I can do there fro that part)

Let me know when your arrives and if you have any trouble with it.

I also ran into a buddy that I had told about the Amazon deal. And back then he had indicated he was skeptical of the rebate thing. And low and behold now he tells me he not only checked on it but ended up buying 6 of them. So that may explain somewhat the end of the price. The supplying vendor may have just ran out. Because its hard to tell how many knew about the Amazon price and all that. But right there we can account for 8 of them alone. I don't know what he intends to do with the other five as he cannot take advantage of the rebate limitation of one per household. I am not sure HOW he went about buying 6. If he had others buy them for him or something. Not sure he covered his ass there but probably just meant he got some buddies to buy more. I forgot to get into that part with him.

Yep. His problem. He claimed to have checked it all out. I strongly suspect he got others to buy each of them. Friends or coworkers I would suspect. Otherwise he would be up chit creek. Cause the receipts would need to be in different names as well as addresses...

But its his problem not mine.

I posted this on another tread.

I got my RF freq counter out and my Cobra 150gtl is dead on freq. on bands B and C but is off on bands A and D. I talk to my wife just about every day on ch. 40 when I go to work and if there is not any skip we can talk 20 miles. We both hear each other great, geuss I got lucky.

I also have a Cobra 150 and sent it to Justin for the conversion, tuneup, and front end mod. After some initial problems with the modulation cutting in and out, it seems to be working fine. Everyone likes the way it sounds and I can hear great.

Highlander_821 said:
Got the rebate, yesterday!

My radio is working great, knock on wood.

Good to hear. Mine is not here yet... but I was about to give up hope till I saw that yours came last week. They sure are slow giving up money aren't they? I will keep a watch out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.