• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2009 Dayton Hamvention Coverage

This is a display of the Icom IC-7000 rig with the AH4 auto tuner. You can see that Bill was trying to talk to the truck drivers again (y)

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture818-icom-ic-7000-ah4-auto-tuner.jpg
That's funny !:D

We should get a group together and do the trip next year as a group??? Split the gas make a hell of an event out of it! What ya think? Rent a van or take a few cars?

Tony, that is a great idea!

I will put together a new section and if you are interested you can moderate the section and coordinate different meetings of members?

If you are interested, let me know?

(y)

LMAO!! Bill how long did it take for the sales Reps to do a swan dive over the tables onto those VFO's to get them off The Breaker' Breaker' ooooone niiiiine frequency??

Great now next year the Government will have snipers watching for the viilans who did this. I must say I did laugh pretty damn hard at that my wife laughed to when I showed her that I said man if only they could get the central Wisconsin 27.385.00 group ther eyes would have been open so wide they would have looked like one of those bush baby as they dove for the VFO

Well, that's all the pictures I have for this year. It was a quick but fun event. Hopefully next year I'll get out there and be able to do the same thing for everyone that can't make it. If you have any pics or stories to add, feel free...

Here is one of the guys that climbed the tower to service the antenna briefly. I'm not sure, but I think the antenna was 3 element phased 80m folded dipole. It looked like a folded dipole yagi, but it also looks like there is coax running to all three elements.

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture820-climbing-trailer-tower-service-antenna.jpg

Tim, are you sure it wasn't a Steppir DB-36 like this one.

http://www.steppir.com/files/80m%20dipole%20manual%20(rev%203%20feb%205).pdf

The one in the link has the optional 6m element but other than that it may well have been what you saw.This may be a better picture than the one above.

http://www.steppir.com/files/DB 36 brochure.pdf

That looks very similar, so it may be a variation on that. All three elements were exactly the same and they were evenly spaced. It probably was one of those; I'm not sure since I had never seen one in person before.

Hey Mole.

It was a pleasure to meet you,Hamer,and Mechanic at Hamvention this year. But you guys really didn't have to go thru all that trouble just to meet me.LOL!!! We had a good 90 min.s or so of ragchewing there I'd say. It's always nice to put a face to the handle and put to rest the impressions we have of one another. I had a great time and really would have enjoyed "bellying up" (literally as you know now!)to the bar w/you guys and throwing back some cold ones,BUT.

Thanks for NOT posting my ugly mugshot here w/the other pics.
It would probably crash the forum software and render it useless for life!!!
Now we all know we don't want that do we?

Don't forget to check into the forum shirt thing when you get settled back in and have the spare time! I thought that was a pretty good idea!

I wound up running into Mechanic a couple more times after we all parted ways! I wonder how many times we actually passed each other on Friday at times and didn't even realize it?

Well,I gotta get back to checking out my Hamvention goodies and watching the Nascar "Allstar" race and some cold bottle's of Bud Light!

Catch y'all later and thanks again fellas. It was a pleasure no doubt!

73.Slim.

Thought I would add this one as it seemed a good place! You sort them out!! :tongue:

mechanic

Attachments

• threeWWDXers.jpg
    threeWWDXers.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 204
The Dayton HAMfest is mostly amateur radio leaning but most anything can be found there.... A friend of mine called me on my cell looking for plugs or caps for his bed liner, I found them! :D Not exactly the right size but the price was right.... Six for a dollar! :eek:
Lots of CB stuff including AM junkers a few were in pieces, several (ten meter) amps but not many SSB rigs.... Two 148GTLs, one for a C note and one for 30 bucks.... I got the later one!
Here is a pic of some neat stuff...... Three stacked DAKs, top one had no screws but all the same price.... $250 :confused:

mechanic

Attachments

• DAK.jpg
    DAK.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 211
Here's a few more quick shots of interesting things:

The brand new Flex 3000 outside case

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture753-flexradio-3000.jpg

Inside Flex 3000:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture752-flexradio-3000-inside.jpg

FlexRadio software:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture754-flexradio-software.jpg

A couple of quick points that about the Flex 3000: They said that the case is made of steel and is so strong that even Bill could stand on it. If you saw his pic above, you'll understand why we didn't take them up on the challenge.

This radio and software is truly amazing. The software is showing a real time band spectrum graph & waterfall....not a band sweep like other radios and software. You can click on the peak that you want to listen in on and go to that frequency real time. To change the filter width, you just click and drag the screen on the graph. This makes will make contesting and dealing with DX pileups really easy. The radio sells for $1599 and the specs are on par with competitors from Icom or Yaesu that sell for a whole lot more. These guys said they would take on a Icom 7600 any day.

edit: Here's a pic I just found of the PA section of the Flexradio 3000:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture811-flexradio-3000-pa-section.jpg

And another shot of the application that "drives" the Flexradios:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture812-flexradio-software.jpg

Did you still have FlexRadio 3000 ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.