• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx in South Texas

Conditions are up and predicted even better for the weekend and Mon/Tues/Wed of next week!
Last couple nights 20m DX has been open past midnight, stayed up till 1am.

Couple new ones for 20m:
5N7M Nigeria 8pm
FR5HA Reunion Isl 10:56pm
A92HK Bahrain 11:30pm
5W0W W Samoa 12:30am

Other contacts but not new- many Asiatic Russian stations:
A61AS United Arab Emirates 7:30pm
UK8ZC Uzbekistan 10:20pm
TF2MSN Iceland 10:47pm
9V2VO Kuwait 11pm
4Z4UR Israel 11:15pm
4X4WN Israel 11:30pm
TC47A A Turkey 12:12am

Philpoh

Yeah conditions seem to be improving ! Worked the 341 division and was able to hear Cambodia yesterday.....Europe was back in this morning. Will be on this evening to see what shows from the pacific.
Still studying testing and re testing....

Thursday night was wide open on 20m, started listening around 9pm and shut down around 12:30am. I check 11m then get lost on 20m for hours!
Propagation for HF was excellent after midnight:w00t:

Couple of new ones for me:
VU2RAK India 10pm Sig 4/4
3B9FR Rodriguez Island 11:17pm Sig 3/4
A71AM Qatar 11:43pm

Some that I could not get past the pile up:
VK9CZ Cocos (Keeling) Island 9:30pm
A92GR Bahrain 11pm

Other contacts with 5/9 signals:
OD5ZZ Lebanon 10:43pm
9K2VO Kuwait 10:53pm
4Z5PJ Israel 11pm

I predict a new call sign coming soon ghutch!

Philpoh

Good stuff.....I will turn on the sw radio and give a listen!!
I worked a couple stations this afternoon....Canada and Philippines

i just heard 341 division at 940 pm cst here in s Texas? ! Weak but just being able to hear them was crazy at almost 1000 pm.

Nothing else on the band but that one. Did tune 27.385 and heard a few I

Good stuff.....I will turn on the sw radio and give a listen!!
I worked a couple stations this afternoon....Canada and Philippines

i just heard 341 division at 940 pm cst here in s Texas? ! Weak but just being able to hear them was crazy at almost 1000 pm.

Nothing else on the band but that one. Did tune 27.385 and heard a few I

Any Dx today? Turned on for a short...zzzzzz not much here. South and west but nothing east. Summer condition pattern is changing.

Conditions were great for Thur and Fri but seem just ok for Sat and Sun on 20m.

Got one new one Fri night:
JY4CI Jordan 10:41am Sig 5/9

Got into Kuwait, Israel couple times well past midnight - great signals!

Heard Sat mourning Brunei and Bhutan huge pile up but could not break in.

Also heard rare one PH9HB/AM Jerry van der Goot who is a Boeing 737NG Captain for a Dutch air carrier at 1:45am Thursday(had Friday off) over Paris that I could not get him - he was talking to New Zealand and Australia on 14.240 20m - his signal was 5/7.

Philpoh

20 is great.....beats 38 lsb by a mile!:drool:
It been slow here......but still some good ones last few days.
Europe was in early....caught a few calls Spain, Portugal, England monitoring this morning. Did not turn it on this evening....but the pacific areas have been fair. Looking for Suriname! All the others are strong from the south tip of Chile up to Mexico.
Anyone hearing Eastern Europe and the Mid East?? North Africa? I did hear a Sudan station a couple days ago....pile up was bad! No pause just a avalanche of calls on and on for 15 seconds after he called cq. I don't know how he heard. anything? It was the worst pile I have seen :thumbdown:
So cool ones showing up on the clusters....but the qsb has been bad so I could not hear them!

Got on 20m after 11pm last night, and the band was wide open.

Was on for just 5 minutes, got 2 new ones:
A92GR Bahrain Sig 5/9
YI1RZ Iraq Sig 4/4

Love being able to work DX after work and well into the night.

Philpoh

A little EU coming in this morning....was not on during the day, but did get 119 division this afternoon, new one for me.:)
Tons of s America on and still open? Here at 924pm cst
Vocap shows s American open into Africa last nite at 1000 pm here? Last summer 43-41 was open here until almost misinterpret some days....worth a listen. Good Dx 73 everyone

Philpoh....those contacts are great! I may tune 20 tonite just to get my feelings hurt:confused: keep listing these it is good motivation.!

.?? Has anyone heard the 70 American Soma activation? Should be on this month? Pacific is weak here but that's one I would like to log.

Made contact with 810 Idaho mobile with my Galaxy DX-959 in a base station setup on my 1/4 wave whip on my tower with audio at 130% to cut through the clutter
27.285 MHz on AM

Last edited:
Band is slow today...per the forecasts?
Listened a couple hrs, seems like it is weak but certainly not closed. Tons of stations on the air. VOACAP shows an interesting pattern, open into some Europe, Africa and South America. Division/Stations heard at good levels were all across the world. signals at 4/5 or better...1,3,5,11,14,17,22,30,32,34,39,69,93,122,136
Pacific areas have not opened up? Although the prop seems to show that some area should be open? No 41-43 but did hear a 201 calling.not bad for a "slow" day! Good Dx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.