• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx in South Texas

Many of the "Mexican Stations" are not divsion 10 Mexican stations....rather all over South America. Good one into Chile! I got into southern Chile a few days ago. Right at the southern tip....darn near Antarctica.....just opened a QSL card and letter from a dual language Operator from a very remote area in Brazil.
If you hear a strong Spanish speaking station....listen and then ask if they speak English! Many of the operators in central and South America do speak English. Some French speaking stations monitored here are in the pacific areas
I listened to a French conversation a few days back....waited or a chance to ask if they speak English....yes, good english, they were in Cameroon Africa.
The conditions seem to be strong here north and south so work all the divisions in s America, I worked all of south america except Suriname a couple weeks back. I barely speak English, if I could speak Spanish I might have got them all! The bands are full of Dx it just a language issue for me at times. Many European operators speak 2or3 languages ..... Good for me or I would never have worked Germany, Belgium, France, Netherlands and several more! Language is just a small barrier to working Dx just as low SPI numbers/ conditions are at times. Never let that stop you from trying(y)
Good Dx

Last edited:
I think thats the guy i was hearing all summer and fallin ny last year. He has a beam i think. Cant be too many of them in the mojovi

I was traveling this week, did not have a chance to do radio at all. it appears the conditions were better for the sunspot numbers is that correct. like I said not on the radio at all this last week.....did Look at some clusters. Some nice stuff on the clusters

Just made contact with 789 in Delaware on 27.285 am in my mobile on my way into town to get some breakfast. Cool!
155 Maryland on 27.375 LSB
727 Ohio " "
Wisconsin 544
759 Hershey PA
309 NY

Last edited:
That was cool! 27.285 am got crowded after I made my contact with 789 Delaware. 27.275 LSB was a pleasant change on the ears. You're the first Worldwide member I actually talked to.

210 Pittsburg,PA on 27.285 am before the dogpile-up
46 Cleveland,Ohio on 27.385 LSB

Canada is coming in strong now and The Great Lakes and Michigan

CRE-8900 W/Road Devil mic in mobile W/Sirio Performer PL-5000

Last edited:
Easy contacts in Michigan,Illinois,New York,Pennsylvania on 28 am and on38 LSB. Easy on my 8900 but on the 959 I tune them in real fast and snag one. I wait til someone comes in strong and pounce.

New England states coming in real good on 27.385 LSB. Made contact with 019 Operator Brian,New York in my mobile sitting with trees all around. Cut right through several other operators. Sweet!

CRE-8900,Astatic Road Devil Mic,Sirio Performer PL-5000.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.