• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fine Tune CB shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
He finally contacted me by Facebook, then by phone. After chatting some more through Facebook Messenger, I had a few more questions for him and here is his response. I asked what exactly could I expect from a Stryker 447HPC tune and aligned by him and he responded with "You will only waste my time once .."

Now when I click on his Facebook page I get this "Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

Oh well no great loss I suppose, as his ego seemed a bit over inflated for my taste...:ROFLMAO:
He told me to tell you to enjoy your Walcott radio tuned with a dosy meter.

Well, well I commented on one of Fine Tunes Videos on his FB page and for the second time this week, had another FB account of mine blocked by him. LMAO !! Guess asking him any questions is off limits. LoL Anyways he can kiss my arse, and i'll spend my money elsewhere:ROFLMAO:
Good luck finding a technician that can show you frequency response like this.
They have yet to duplicate results like this without having to bypass the whole audio chain.

The technicians that don't have the skills to reengineer the audio chain have to resort to purchasing a Mauldulator or Asymod which is a Mauldulator rip-off clone.

For your listening pleasure in case you have been hiding under a rock for the past 10 years and never heard him over the airwaves listen for 163 on his Barefoot radio.

They have yet to duplicate results like this without having to bypass the whole audio chain.

The technicians that don't have the skills to reengineer the audio chain have to resort to purchasing a Mauldulator or Asymod which is a Mauldulator rip-off clone.

Some do have the skill and can reengineer the audio chain but still choose to purchase a Mauldulator. Why?why not.

People using this kind of stuff arent driving a truck down the interstate. Guy's have been changing out audio chain components for years. This is nothing new among the amateur AM crowd. Unless it's an old tube rig people that are serious about having a good AM sound won't waste their time with swapping audio chain caps...tweakers love doing this kind of stuff.

Marks customers don't have the knowledge or test equipment to set up good AM station. If they did they wouldn't be one of his customers. Piping good audio through a mic jack, thru the audio chain and audio amp in a CB set is counterproductive. For someone that doesn't need a tech it's actually much easier to dump the audio into the balanced modulator or AM regulator.

Guys that want a challenge will plate modulate some tubes, build a class e transmitter or similar. Reworking the audio chain in a CB set is like using monkey mouse fishing pole. It's not worth the serious fisherman's time.

Some do have the skill and can reengineer the audio chain but still choose to purchase a Mauldulator. Why?why not.
Unfortunately none of those people are in the business to make money and only do it as a hobby in their mother's basement or their own home. Lots of people claim to do this sort of thing but not a single person has offered any sort of proof. After visiting almost every radio shop in the country I'm pretty confident I will be unable to locate any work better than what was done to my equipment unless it happens to be some mad scientist living in his mother's basement who does it as simply as a hobby

Unfortunately none of those people are in the business to make money and only do it as a hobby in their mother's basement or their own home. Lots of people claim to do this sort of thing but not a single person has offered any sort of proof. After visiting almost every radio shop in the country I'm pretty confident I will be unable to locate any work better than what was done to my equipment unless it happens to be some mad scientist living in his mother's basement who does it as simply as a hobby
I, for one only do it for hobby and to see what's possible. I don't know to many people living in their mothers basement either. I give it to hard drive for showing his work and putting his video out there. I guess for me it's the arrogance that distracts from technical points that's there. I wish I could afford a spec an. Then again it's all a hobby and experimenting is all I do. I'm sure his radio work is fine tuned.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

You probably won't find a better tech willing to work on CB radios for truckers.

I, for one only do it for hobby and to see what's possible. I don't know to many people living in their mothers basement either. I give it to hard drive for showing his work and putting his video out there. I guess for me it's the arrogance that distracts from technical points that's there. I wish I could afford a spec an. Then again it's all a hobby and experimenting is all I do. I'm sure his radio work is fine tuned.
I can appreciate the hobby perspective.
For me this is a hobby. I'm sure you noticed my arrogance in regards to my station. That comes from years of driving Coast to Coast and not finding anything that comes close to what I have. When you hear every 10 minutes someone telling you that they have never heard a station as loud and clear as yours for as great a distance as they have been hearing you it has a tendency to inflate your ego. The whole purpose for me driving a tractor trailer was so I could travel around the country to find the best technician possible. I'm a carpenter by trade. I couldn't really justify logging a million miles on my personal vehicle just to put every technician in the country to the test. It was much simpler doing it on someone else's dime. I'm sure I missed it a shop or two here and there located in some remote location without truck parking anywhere close. Monitoring a single Channel for 12 years presents a unique opportunity to become familiar with all the voices on that particular frequency all around the country.
It also gave me an opportunity to compare notes with other drivers. One thing I did notice that really stood out in my mind is that the radios I was able to hear the farthest were tuned by Mark or they came from the factory and were unmodified. I also noticed that when someone purchased a stock Cobra 29 how it sounded and performed before being touched by any of the whitelist cb shops who have proper training in using the proper test equipment to service radio equipment.
I also paid attention to how those radios sounded and performed after an alignment by a supposedly great technician. The results were disheartening to say the least. Stock and unmodified was always better except in one particular case involving one particular technician and the results repeated themselves consistently day after day and year after year.

Last edited:
I can appreciate the hobby perspective.
For me this is a hobby. I'm sure you noticed my arrogance in regards to my station. That comes from years of driving Coast to Coast and not finding anything that comes close to what I have. When you hear every 10 minutes someone telling you that they have never heard of station as loud and clear as yours for as great a distance as they have been hearing you it has a tendency to inflate your ego. The whole purpose for me driving a tractor trailer was so I could travel around the country to find the best technician possible. I'm a carpenter by trade. I couldn't really justify logging a million miles on my personal vehicle just to put every technician in the country to the test. It was much simpler doing it on someone else's dime. I'm sure I missed it a shot or two here and there located in some remote location without truck parking anywhere close. Monitoring a single Channel for 12 years presents a unique opportunity to become familiar with all the voices on that particular frequency all around the country.
It also gave me an opportunity to compare notes with other drivers. One thing I did notice that really stood out in my mind is that the radios I was able to hear the farthest were tuned by Mark or they came from the factory and were unmodified. I also noticed that when someone purchased a stock Cobra 29 how it sounded and performed before being touched why any of the whitelist cb shops who have proper training in using the proper test equipment 2 service radio equipment. I also paid attention to how those radios sounded and performed after an alignment by a supposedly great technician. The results were disheartening to say the least. Stock and unmodified was always better except in one particular case involving one particular technician and the results repeated themselves consistently day after day and year after year.
I enjoy seeing other people's work. I am also a pretty hard critique, especially on myself. I have seen some of the work done by some of the major shops out there. I have also traveled the world and seen and heard different stations and work done by others. I do my own work but do have an interest in seeing other peoples work to verify their claims but can't justify paying somebody else to do something I can. I'll have to agree in a statement made in another post about AM operators and SSB operators.i live in Va and see you're next door. Maybe I'll hear you sometime.

I enjoy seeing other people's work. I am also a pretty hard critique, especially on myself. I have seen some of the work done by some of the major shops out there. I have also traveled the world and seen and heard different stations and work done by others. I do my own work but do have an interest in seeing other peoples work to verify their claims but can't justify paying somebody else to do something I can. I'll have to agree in a statement made in another post about AM operators and SSB operators.i live in Va and see you're next door. Maybe I'll hear you sometime.
You should be hearing my Anytone AT-6666 collection in the next couple weeks probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.