• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HOW DOES A KNOCK AT THE DOOR GO DOWN?

Stellasstillarat

Aug 14, 2014
I'm family as most of us are that a jugde must sign a warrant in order for the man to enter your home without your permission. I have read posts of people who have gotten fined for using illegal equipment. I've also read visits by the man to the users of this equipment but how or can this man see this equipment unless it's in clear view from outside your home? Can or will a judge issue a search warrant because someone complained or dropped a dime? Does the man have some kind of special right to enter your home on the merits of a complaint or hunch that someone maybe useing unauthorized equipment?

back when 11 meters were licensed owner ship of rule book was required,,, in the rule book from way back when says haveing cb license was all the fcc needed to inspect your station... now i think they us federal marshall to do any thing,, or at least that has happened around here a few times....locally since the new hdtv stuff has come up people complain to the local leo and they just go and have a talk with who they think is doing the interference,,, (uhhh hey there is a big antenna must be them duhhh)....after 41 years doing radio it is better to let them inspect your station and if they see any thing not legal take it in front of them in a freindly matter and smash it beyond repair on the front side walk... they will more than likely just write a warning to you then,,, it has a lot to do with attitude,,, better than be fined thousands and even jail time while case is being investicated which could make you lose job family etc....
now i am not wanting to start a diagreement or discussion of rights that is just how i have seen it over the many years... oh they have ways to monitor your station to tell what it is doing without going in,,,

They are inspecting your radio station, not searching your home. Per part 95 your station and all records must be available for inspection at any time.
Rich

Yup. You are required by law to allow your station to be inspected upon request. If you refuse you are charged with refusing an inspection. Most people end up with that charge and associated fine because they try and be the BIG MAN by sticking it the feds and telling them to go pound sand. A short time later they find that the "the man" has a little more clout than they thought.

Yeah they have a little more pull that the cop that pulled you over for a burned out tail light. From what I've saw the people that get called upon by "the man" were approached by their neighbors or had other warnings. They chose to say something like "it's not my fault their old TV is getting interference from my (illegal)station". I'm not going to fault anyone for running power but run decent equipment properly and don't be stupid about it.

They are inspecting your radio station, not searching your home. Per part 95 your station and all records must be available for inspection at any time.
Rich

That's 100% correct.

Here is a link direct from the FCC webpage with interesting FAQ that sums up any misinterpretations the people who argue the rulings have without even reading them first hand.

http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/otherinfo/inspect.html

Reactions: midnight special
I had the cable tv people knocking on my door......saying my radio was messing with their internet not the tv......my radio is barefoot on a moonraker 4......so I am legal....but even that was messing with it.......so I worked with them to find out where my radio was getting into their system.....cable guy was in my house and had a little handheld gadget that showed their system....they were going around replacing lines and filters.....they narrowed it down to a few poles on the street behind me.....cable guy would have me on the telephone and say go ahead and key down now....so i cooperated with them...and I think they fixed their problem.....but I knew my station was legal and I have as much right to enjoy my hobby as they do to provide cable tv......so the problem rested on them to fix their system so CB radios do not get into it........it is really not to smart of the fcc to give them a frequency so close to the citizens band anyway....even the cable guys agreed with that.....just causes problems.

Also they can tell how strong yer signal is.....because I was talking on the cb to another guy.....and they could tell his signal was much stronger than mine.

I also think I get singled out because I have a tower and a beam.....I think they must think......well that guy has a big antenna....he must be running illegal power.....when its the guys with the cheap shit a99 and other plastic antennas that r using linears to talk skip.....I can do it with a barefoot radio.

Reactions: midnight special
Hey Eastside, is your radio truly 4 watts or less deadkey and no more than 12 watts PEP either AM/SSB?

Is your modulation levels turned up excessively where it could cause harmonics carrying over in to other parts of the frequency spectrum.

Be honest.

Last I recall, cable TV and broadband internet is in the GHz region. That is nowhere close to the CB band.

Nope...I dead key 2 watts and swing to mebbe 7-8...and that is on a dosy set on peak...set on rms its a lot less.....it was getting into their system on a 2 watt carrier with no modulation.

Last edited:
Ok.
Interesting though.

I don't recall ever seeing a ruling for CB antennas in reference to power multiplication from antenna gain due to beam antenna use. The Amateur 60 meter band surely does. So yes you are legal.

They way you conducted yourself in willingness to help resolve an RFI issue should be a model for all radio operators.

I also think it's good you posted this to let us know that the Cable companies do have fixes and it is up to them to take care of the issue providing we honestly operate radios and antennas with good engineering and design.

Reactions: Eastside
Ok.
Interesting though.

I don't recall ever seeing a ruling for CB antennas in reference to power multiplication from antenna gain due to beam antenna use. The Amateur 60 meter band surely does. So yes you are legal.

They way you conducted yourself in willingness to help resolve an RFI issue should be a model for all radio operators.

I also think it's good you posted this to let us know that the Cable companies do have fixes and it is up to them to take care of the issue providing we honestly operate radios and antennas with good engineering and design.

Ok.
Interesting though.

Yes....my radio equipment is straight......everything is grounded...brand new mil-spec RG-213....ferrite beads.

Also my pc and my cordless ph sits right next to my radio...and the radio has never bother them or the tv.
Back when I had a imax 2000 on a 20ft pole.....it used to turn my cd player on in the back room......but after I put both my antennas on towers a lot higher....I have never noticed any interference.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.