• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HOW DOES A KNOCK AT THE DOOR GO DOWN?

You are entitled to your opinion as am I, but I offer no support for Mr Jones.
I have been involved in more than one enforcement action as a user of more than one radio service.
I have been there when it was very frustrating trying to remove a total asshole from the air and the agencies that we had to work with were unresponsive.
It required writing the fcc, congressman, law enforcement, making tapes, copy`s of sheriff reports, police reports.... took years, but in the end it did require a warrant and federal marshals to stop the problem.

As for the FCC's handling of the CB band, I disagree with some of the rules they now have on the books.
IMHO, The service has grown, and the rules they have in place need to be revised to reflect how it can best serve the users of the band.
Yes it has turned into a hobby band.
Big deal.
There are plenty of guys that started the road to Ham radio by playing with CB`s.

As for Mr Jones, he should have been taken off the air for the problem he caused to the the firehouse.
Public safety comes first.

Jeff

Just run your power in the mobile, problem solved :)

Or keep your powersupply, radio/amp in file cabinet drawer and use a quick disconnect on your base everytime you done talking just unplug antenna, then they inspect and no antenna hooked up, no equipment in view.

Problem is if the feds are knockin on your door they already got you on tape and you can't dispute recording of yourself on the air :)

I've no idea where you got that information from. So people who use beams don't use amps? What are you taking about!!? Beams, verticals cheap or exspensive. People use amps because they choose too. If you equate beams to a station that's not using an amp your wrong. People operate amps with all types of antennas. You either use one or you don't. Why you think people with beams don't use amps is beyond me. One could easily say the guy with the $2000 antenna must have an amp because he can afford it. Either way your worng.
I also think I get singled out because I have a tower and a beam.....I think they must think......well that guy has a big antenna....he must be running illegal power.....when its the guys with the cheap shit a99 and other plastic antennas that r using linears to talk skip.....I can do it with a barefoot radio.

I've no idea where you got that information from. So people who use beams don't use amps? What are you taking about!!? Beams, verticals cheap or exspensive. People use amps because they choose too. If you equate beams to a station that's not using an amp your wrong. People operate amps with all types of antennas. You either use one or you don't. Why you think people with beams don't use amps is beyond me. One could easily say the guy with the $2000 antenna must have an amp because he can afford it. Either way your worng.

I took him to simply mean that because he has a big antenna fingers get pointed at him for any interference people in the area may receive. It DOES happen that way BTW. Many time interference complaints start coming in as soon as a big antenna goes up whether it has any coax connected too it yet or not. He is POed about that and the real cause is from people using much smaller and inferior antennas with dirty amps that are causing the crap he is getting blamed for. Nowhere did I see him state or imply that big antenna users do not run power while small antenna users do. he was stating HIS situation and only his situation.

Exactly BigKahuna, if the FEDS are knocking at your door, they already know everything they need to. Probably more than you remember lol! They are just coming to have you verify the issue and see what you say! They aren't as dumb as some take them for that I can tell you.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Hey captian. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I always appreciate your whaigh ins and postings but I noticed your easy to take sides and kiss ass . If this posting leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you decide to stop offering me help when i ask a question that you feel worthy of answering in the first place as opposed to putting me down so be it. This is what your buddy wrote. I don't see how it can be taken any other way.

"When it's the guy's with cheap shit a99's and plastic antennas who are using linear to talk skip".

I'm sure you'll retort by telling me how wrong I am and probubly refer to some of the questions I've asked that obviously make me sound like I know nothing about the hobby. I'll save you the time. When it comes to radio communications I'M A FUCKING IDIOT! I know what i read and the op'er is convinced people with beams don't use amps or atleast insinuated that much.

I took him to simply mean that because he has a big antenna fingers get pointed at him for any interference people in the area may receive. It DOES happen that way BTW. Many time interference complaints start coming in as soon as a big antenna goes up whether it has any coax connected too it yet or not. He is POed about that and the real cause is from people using much smaller and inferior antennas with dirty amps that are causing the crap he is getting blamed for. Nowhere did I see him state or imply that big antenna users do not run power while small antenna users do. he was stating HIS situation and only his situation.

When it's the guy's with cheap shit a99's and plastic antennas who r using amps to talk skip.

Maybe you should read the post again. He's clearly insinuating beam and big antenna users don't use amps.

Hey captian. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I always appreciate your whaigh ins and postings but I noticed your easy to take sides and kiss ass . If this posting leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you decide to stop offering me help when i ask a question that you feel worthy of answering in the first place as opposed to putting me down so be it. This is what your buddy wrote. I don't see how it can be taken any other way.

"When it's the guy's with cheap shit a99's and plastic antennas who are using linear to talk skip".

I'm sure you'll retort by telling me how wrong I am and probubly refer to some of the questions I've asked that obviously make me sound like I know nothing about the hobby. I'll save you the time. When it comes to radio communications I'M A FUCKING IDIOT! I know what i read and the op'er is convinced people with beams don't use amps or atleast insinuated that much.

First of all get this straight. I DO NOT KISS ASS!! And secondly I am now fully convinced that it is not just in relation to radio communications that you are a fucking idiot. I was going to explain WHY A99's are prone to causing interference and WHY running an amp with them makes things 10 times worse but with your admission about your radio communications prowess it wouldn't do any good. Nuff said. No arguments or replies needed. End of conversation.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.