• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How To Listen To Your CB Audio ?

Unless they installed some extra caps to filter certain tones it will let you hear exactly how you sound. I doubt they would do something like that because it would really defeat the purpose of using this thing. It's a very simple circuit. Some guys have the idea their demodulator is a piece of junk and they really sound better on the air. Trust it and don't be that guy.

And use a quality set of headphones.

Reactions: Dipole
I got it today...and connected it...and tried a cheap pair of non amplified ear phones....you can barely hear your voice....it will take the amplified ear phs......my radio only has a 2 watt carrier.
Also it seemed to take a lot of swing out of the signal.

It shouldn't have changed your power output any and more wraps on the pick up coil will make those non amplified headphones louder. The amplified ones may or may not work...not sure. The circuit is so simple it's hard to screw up. I was going to upload pics of the one I built and use but I'll have to upload them somewhere else and post a link and I'm not screwing with that. I will email the pics to you, if you are interested send me a PM. Now you have a nice enclosure to build something functional in.

It shouldn't have changed your power output any and more wraps on the pick up coil will make those non amplified headphones louder. The amplified ones may or may not work...not sure. The circuit is so simple it's hard to screw up. I was going to upload pics of the one I built and use but I'll have to upload them somewhere else and post a link and I'm not screwing with that. I will email the pics to you, if you are interested send me a PM. Now you have a nice enclosure to build something functional in.

It better work...or i will be wanting my money back....I have a pair of amplified ear phs coming monday...mebbe my 2 watt carrier is to low?

High impedance headphones work better but may not give a true sound due to their poor bass response. They do not load down the circuit as much as low impedance types. You definitely need an amplifier of some sort to get much volume out of it. It is basically just a crystal radio.

Reactions: Eastside
Yeah...I got the earphones that the guy who sold me the demodulator recommended.
The reason I say the amplified headphones might not work is because I tried to plug mine into the mic plug on my computer. I was trying to record watergates and get my TX audio in there. Just didn't work and I really don't know why.

Loudness will be from pep power more so than deadkey. The one i use works great behind my ranger 296 at a 2 watt deadkey and 8 pep. I actually have to turn it down a bit. I have put it behind a 100 watt radio and it works fine. Just turn it down first or your ears get a nasty surprise.

Reactions: Eastside

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.