• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How To Listen To Your CB Audio ?

The reason I say the amplified headphones might not work is because I tried to plug mine into the mic plug on my computer. I was trying to record watergates and get my TX audio in there. Just didn't work and I really don't know why.

Loudness will be from pep power more so than deadkey. The one i use works great behind my ranger 296 at a 2 watt deadkey and 8 pep. I actually have to turn it down a bit. I have put it behind a 100 watt radio and it works fine. Just turn it down first or your ears get a nasty surprise.

Unless you typed something wrong the reason it didn't work was because you plugged HEADPHONES into a MIC INPUT of your computer.

Unless you typed something wrong the reason it didn't work was because you plugged HEADPHONES into a MIC INPUT of your computer.

LOL... I plugged the demodulator into the mic jack on the PC. I was trying to record my transmit audio with audacity. I have the RX audio from my base radio piped into the computer at line level. Makes great gates but my transmissions don't get recorded that way.

You may have to go into your media setting and unmute the mic input. It should work then.

LOL Yeah it sounded like you meant you plugged the phones into the mic input. I was still scratching my head over that one.

You may have to go into your media setting and unmute the mic input. It should work then.

LOL Yeah it sounded like you meant you plugged the phones into the mic input. I was still scratching my head over that one.

It's not muted. I plug the line level signal from the radio's RX into the same jack and it works. If the the idea with the demodulator had worked I was going to build an RF sniffer circuit to switch the the inputs when I keyed. That would have allowed me to record what I was hearing and my TX audio. I could probably pull the audio from the rack gear and get the same effect but I've lost interest in that and try to keep is simple these days. I still use the RX portion when a local wants a radio check. Using a PC is a lot cooler than a PP1.

I took the lid off to see how it works....but you cannot see anything.....its full of goop.

Ha ha. The goop keeps his customers from making their own and competing with him. Kind of like the guys selling swing kits and hiding the cap and resistor. One I tore apart looked like a firecracker. It was a cap and resistor in a PVC tube filled with plaster of Paris and coated with some red plastic dip. It's amazing what guys will do.

Reactions: Eastside

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.