• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear Build

freecell said:
"My class C amps get -38 to -40db..."

........in your dreams.

Sure they can.

Any Class C amp can do nearly anything a biased amp (AB or B, depending on how anal you are today) can do for numbers.

You just have to optimize the drive. It won't see anything NEAR that good across the full drive level (It can't, they aren't linear!!!!), but if you run a Class C amp at a specific drive level, you can get the numbers you want.

--Toll_Free

A class c amp with a printed board :shock:

I didn't know you could do Class "C" w/o "pillstrips"

:shock: :shock:

Ok,peep's

Doctor told wife to keep me away from stress,so she locked me out of garage,Thats where my PC is also...She will have a cow when she finds out I got a locksmith out today to pick lock and make me a key....HA !!

she goes to her mothers next week...So i'll be able to finish the project...HA!

After reading the post's i have missed,,,Thank You for your concern's...I am touch and go in the health department,,,But,,,Thats the way it goes i guess...

looking forward to finishing this thing...

See ya after she leaves for mommy's...Ha !

PS,,,dont tell her....lol

rfpowerman :roll:

well if building rf amps makes you happy,wouldnt that be a stress reliever?seems so to me.and being locked away from your pc?wouldnt that stress you out??it would me .....she better rethink this plan...lol...good luck with the health issue.

rfpowerman did you get any further with this build :?:
i am slowly cobbling together a 4x2879 from an dead zetagi b550p.

Yeah I'm sorry health has been in the tubes.I'll get it finished as soon as I can..Sorry for the delay.I have a new ticker now,maybe I can stay out of hospital and home more.Then I'll get-er done...

OK well Dont close the thread yet..lol

I am home now,as I said with a new ticker,,and I'm feelin much better.
Thanks for those whom were asking about me...
I will finish the next stage,"cutting the board" this weekend and post it up..

Thanks

rfpowerman,

so glad to hear you are feeling good!

i have been following this thread for a while now, and i AM going to build this amp!!!

maybe not while its being posted, but i will build one.

if this thing is going to be AB biased and have LP filtering internal, this is going to be one of the most sought after amps around.

dont start thinking that no one still wants to build one, they will all start popping up once the nest step and pics are posted.

thanks in advance for all you are doing,
man, what a project!
loosecannon

OK for those interested.

I am working on the copy(text) for the completion of the thread.I have all the pics made.

I will try my best to get them posted sometime this weekend.

Stay tuned for the next build.....

Who wants to play with some Mosfets???

They are cheap,,,,react to similar cuircutry,,,and did I mention,thier cheap?

thanks for the reply rfpowerman!

take your time, we're still with ya.

i am ALL FOR building a MOSFET amp.

i would like to do something above 500 watts, but thats just me. LOL
you know, really take advantage of how cheap they are.

would we be feeding them a higher voltage?
like maybe 24-48 volts?

sounds like my kinda fun.
and they are cheap!
loosecannon

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.