• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear Build

500 watt MOSFET amp at 13 volts is not to costly to build:)
I am working on a small unit right now that has 16 MOSFETS for about 500-600 watts ..$1.99 a Mosfet ain't bad
but your talking about 1-10 watt input and 75-100 amps full load...
still ain't bad for a cheap amp...and if its a base amp add the $$ for the transformer and the bridge...don't know the cheapest prices on these yet butI am working on it..this way you can take it mobile to with just un-pluging it from the base setup...it's about half done now but I would like to see rfpowerman back on track with this..with the MOSFETS....and for each setting a built in LP filter :)
hope your getting better....
Your Friend on this end,
Mark

I've been reading through a lot of the posts on the site, trying to take my interest in the hobby to the next level. I've been looking for information on AB1 amp building and was excited to find this... Is there information on the site that might help finish what was started...

On a different note; has anyone heard from rfpowerman? It's apparent his health wasn't good, is he (hopefully) just taking a break from the hobby, to get well.

he was around on another forum a while back, no idea what happened to the amp build.

Thats too bad it would have been cool to actually see it done front to back; I'm also a pretty big fan of the ab1 bias, I like the sound of it, but no one really does them in a bigger box (16 etc)... I get that they suck a lot of juice, but its such a clear signal...

I'll keep digging...

hey guys this is a very intresting and informal thread i hope someone resurects it because id love to build one myself. i really dont know much about amp building but id love to learn.

im002432kn9lk8.jpg

mosfet750qe3.jpg

This is a prototype from early 2007. 12 x Fairchild FQP9N15 mosfets

Well that was a waste of time reading the first two steps of an amp build. Too bad we didn't get the rest of the build.
On another note hope RF is still around.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.