• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Liquid cooled antenna...Any good?

I am lookin at some new radios (Last one (Galaxy 99) burned up in a big rig fire) and will probably end up with a Magnum S9. I still have an antenna I can use and will buy another one if it is any good. I do not know the brand but it has a solid post about 6.5" long and then a glass See through resevoir with a coil filled with oil in to a 2.75" stem which holds the 3'. Any one know what brand this might be? Are they any good? If so, I will buy another one for the other side. Or am I better off with something else...ie: Firestick, Monkeymade, Wilson, etc??

I have been draggin this thing around for at least 15-16 years and have never used it. There is no markings on it at all.

Thanks for the help
The oil won't cool any thing off. it would need a metal jacket for the heat to pass through. It is snake oil pure and simple.

Reactions: Slowmover
deadzombie.gif
(Psssst, y’all think the above is a “thread” with “posts”, but it’s a transcription of REAL truck drivers seated at the truckstop diner counter!!)

(My turn),

“Didj y’all know ya can’t run a liquid-cooled amp without liquid-cooled antennas?!

Electrical Resistance has to balance out at both ends as power increases.

THEREFORE, the cooling medium MUST be the same AND must show the same Btu absorption-rate.

The formula H = 500 x Q x DT

H = Total Heat Removed
Q = Convective Cooling Medium Exchange Rate
DT = True Temp Differential

Had an expert from New Mexico prove this. Guy runs the guard shack at the back gate to the Epstein Ranch. Alien underground base entrance, so he knows his stuff. Hired because he’d been a Special Forces truck driver.

Get it wrong and the amp sees a huge restriction and you can’t get out. Might blow the amp you really crap on it. So you have to monitor temps at BOTH ends to bring the power up in steps in order to stomp them mudducks.”

Reactions: murdog
At every truckstop diner front counter in America, the impossible was accomplished by a driver sitting there tonight.

Liquid-cooled? Hell, one a them boys ran a line from his Nitrogen tanker and the amplifier output quadrupled.

There’s no BS too deep for those front counter seats.

When First Responders arrived they described it as...

"...Deliciousy Sweet crunch with a slight hint of Roasted Garlic and Paprika..."
There's a lot of Negative Resistance that can be said about Superconductors...

Reactions: Slowmover
When First Responders arrived they described it as...

"...Deliciousy Sweet crunch with a slight hint of Roasted Garlic and Paprika..."
There's a lot of Negative Resistance that can be said about Superconductors...

It’s how we know that Tesla autos are really toaster ovens for hungry aliens.

The electric doors auto-lock as power is cut once the resistance heaters REALLY start to cook.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.