• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Loud Radio Wanted, What do I need?

PsRumors

Jun 18, 2005
Cartersville, GA
I am in the process of hunting for a cb. I want loud, brand is not as important as being loud and clear. I have limited space (Jeep) so there will not be an amp. What do you all recommend? I like the Galaxys (export) as I have had them in the past but they were always driving something. I'd prefer black face but am not opposed to the Cobra silver look.

If you want loud... Go with a Galaxy 95T, RCI Ranger 6900 F150... They both have dual finals w/baby linears and by themselves will walk the dog at 200 Watts PEP/60-65 Watt RMS ... ;)

Here's a place that has them at the best price right now... You also need to specify the Peak&Tune and put a good D-104 on them unless your going to have alot of noise in the background, than go with an Astatic 636 L SE ... Check my Signature below... I praise the RCI Ranger above all others for all the features and beautiful, natural audio quality they have... They are LOUD!

Go here to check it all out:

Big,Loud Radios!! ;)

And if all you want is a Standard CB... The Galaxy 959DX, or Uniden 78,or Texas ranger TR696FD1 Freedom One with a Peak&Tune and a good Power Mic like the D-104 will do you... You should see around 25 Watts PEP/8 Watts RMS with one of these.

I suggest Checking out Premiere Electronics. They usually have all radios in stock. Galaxy DX959 is a very good all around 40 channel CB.

Check them out and watch your prices... Especially when you start adding your mods to them... I know the RCI 2980 is $40.00 to $60.00 dollars cheaper than anywhere else I can find... :shock:
(At GI Joe's)

What about just a good ole barefoot radio? No baby linears. How do the Galaxys compare to the ones just 10 years ago (last time I owned a cb)? This is going in a jaheep so it will need to stand up to some mild fourwheelin. How do the Galaxy cbs compare to the exports? I didn't even know Galaxy made cbs, the didn't 10 years ago, did they?

Thanks again for any input.

If you want a good 'ole barefoot radio with nothing done... Like I said these are the 3 to look at...

Galaxy 959DX, or Uniden 78,or Texas ranger TR696FD1 Freedom One...

Their Plain Jane CB's and they are up for the Rough and Tumble... Galaxy definately makes the CB's and this is their best CB on the market IMO... But the other 2 are Dandy's too... You can't go wrong with any of them. 8)

You want a LOUD radio??? Try the S-9 here

The Quack Shack
Thats the cheapest place that I have found and Larry will treat you right. Send it to Justin at Communications experts for an alignment and tuneup and you will have an AWSOME radio....I know I do

Wrong.... 320.00 at the Quack Shop.... 309.00 at GI Joes... And at GI Joes you can have the Peak&Tune done... So you don't have to waste all that extra money with re-shipping etc... And trust me the radio will be just as good... I have had 2 Radios done there, the cheapest place... And they have come back Screamin' loud and clear!

A Mag S-9 will not compete on the same range with a Galaxy 95T or a RCI Ranger 6900 f150.... The internals are different and definately a step above the S-9 ...

We had a test at my QTH ... Same Antenna... Different Radios... My Ranger RCI 6900 F150 was done at the same place as the Mag S-9 .... My radio consistently got better reports across the board...

I have done my homework. The Mag S9 is about the equivalent of the Connex 4800 DXL...

If you want a loud radio and dont want to spend a lot of cash then its hard to beat a connex 3300 hp.Been around forever and are built to last,i've had one in my dump truck for over a year now and it has not had any problems at all.As far as those S3 and S9 i dont think they have been out long enough to really know how they will stand up to ruff use(off road)

Jeep ? Off Road ? What kind of antenna will you be using ? Limited space ? CB only ? AM/SSB or just AM ? Loud and Clear ? I really don't see any need for these high dollar radios for a situation like yours but that really depends on your space and needs ? A good strong, dependable,limited size radio that would tune up very nicely for you would be a Cobra 25 ,Uniden 66,68 AM only type radios , they also can nicely be tuned for upwards to 45 to 50 watts Pep ...(if you wanted to go that route?) ....even just with a basic tune up they will hold there own with or without a power mic , I think that would depend on who did the tuning and what kind of antenna you might be using. Whatever your choice may be ? Good luck to you all the same. (-: SK

I will be using a wilson 2000 trucker series. I would like AM/SSB. When I said limited space I can accomadate a radio but no linear and after measuring can not fit a RCI 2970. I am no opposed to the Cobras or Unidens I just want to make sure it is as loud as feasable.

AM/SSB .......You want new there's the Magnum 257 that is small and compact that can work for you /there's Ebay and the Uniden PC-122 that is surely a LOUD little am/ssb radio along with the Cobra 146 GTL (same Uniden boards) ....solid made radios that can take a lick'in and keep on tick'in ....40 to 50 dollars shipped Ebay style if you wanted to go that route .Don't mind me much here ,IM just a cb'er who truly appreciates the older model cb radios ,those PC-122s are very loud little radios and they hold there own on the ssb side of things and will also take the N kits for about 40 extra channels above 40 .

Whatever radio you go with??
PLEASE and i can not stress this enough!!!
Have Justin do your tune-up on the radio!!!!!
THats the BEST advice that i can give you :)

Uniden/Cobra 76/78/66/68/25/29 Non soundtracker on the cobras...

Justin can do a 50 watt+ peak modifacation to the radios above..
I have a PC 66xl doing 53peak watts on a bird 43P!!!
Which is more than ANY dual final galaxy can do with no internal amp...

AM POWER

f

Ya might consider a 148gtl or grant xl, both have am and ssb. Justin at Comminications Experts can make both radios very loud and clean with excellent rx. He can also do a 50watt mod to the cobra 29 etc. The Magnum radios with the top gun modulator are very loud radios too.

LoneWolf TN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.