• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maxlog M-8800

Sent an email to 409 shop requesting more info,waiting for a reply.They put the price up $59 to 250 shipped:thumbdown:great way to kick off a new radio.

Attachments

• m-8800.jpg
    m-8800.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 365
Some talk about m-8800 on the German anytone forum. Looks like these are the latest version of the 5555 with improved stability. (as I understand it ,using the translator on my browser ) dimensions and general specs are the same.Have you got any more info on them Dave?

M-8800

No, waiting for ours to arrive so we can put them thru their paces.
They will be available ex NZ when we get them.
I will post the results on the blog.
Don't expect too much other than a version 5 anytone clone, but the dials and knob layout looks interesting.
cheers,
Dave

Well I just ordered one. Got it at the old price which works out about $185 au delivered Hope I haven't wasted my money! The display is what interested me as well. I'm getting tired of reaching for my reading glasses every time I want to see something on the radio .should be able to see this one . If it's a 5555 clone should be ok . Looking forward to Dave's review.Happy New Year.

Reactions: Bad Company
maxlog

couple of quick words , will write more when I have the time. Out of the box works well 30w ssb 40 w fm definitely a at-5555 clone but with a tcxo. rock stable no drift at all and on frequency. Tx audio sounds very good . To open up the frequency coverage hold both the func and emg buttons and pwr on. Select .ALL. using the ch switch and pwr off then back on. mine came with 6 x 40 chs.Love the clarifier, multiple tuning rates and it will tune one end of the band to the other ( like a VFO) and it will hold the info until you reset it.Rf gain pot seems to only work on the last 1/4 turn. Good rx but distorts with the really big signals.(had to turn the rf gain down a bit) .Most of the menu is the same as the at-555 but I Can't find the mic gain in the main menu Any ideas! Now if I can work out how to program this the way I like it. So far well worth the money.

Last edited:
looks like the inside of a anytone AT5555 V5 with a few things changed like a cover over the tuning pods in the center...theres also a xtal that missing from the 2nd box to the right might have something to do with TCXO or what ever its called in this radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned