• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New antenna from Sirio Gain-Master

If you guys want to read some new reports for the New Sirio Gain Master 5/8 check out our buds over in Europe. They're using switch boxes and making videos of their meters. So far they are doing stations that are close by and the signals are s9 and better.

I sure would like to see them try and adjust their meters down a bit if they have RF Gain controls. If this works for them then the signal differences we see may show to be even more dramatic.

Last edited:
If you guys want to read some new reports for the New Sirio Gain Master 5/8 check out our buds over in the Europe. They're using switch boxes and making videos of their meters. So far they are doing stations that are close by and the signals are s9 and better.

I sure would like to see them try and adjust their meters down a bit if they have RF Gain controls. If this works for them then the signal differences we see may show to be more dramatic.

Hello Marconi. Yes I did the Part 2 review on Sunday evening . The Shakesphere I use has had 10 years development. I have a boomer 8 section radial kit fitted and an earth kit into Rock Salt. I have owned Imax 2000, Sirio 827s and many others. NOTHING has performed better at my QTH than the 5/8th Wave ABS1600 Army Bigstick. Now I did a test via the MFJ analiser for coax losses.............both were very similar. Now another CBer quite a bit further a way did a test with me. These tests are 100% truthfull and indeed I tried to get a video both ways. Well check the results!!. Also the Gaimaster on RX at long distance pulls in normal "S" 3 signals......up to "S" 5 (as if a Preamp is switched in line). Also the Gain Master has a very low noise floor.(y)(y)

Sirio Gain Master Video 3

Now this is the most impressive , It is just on the same power, no trickery or BS......this is for real Fellas. I hope this helps make your minds up. I spent all weekend in the UKs Rain building and installing this antenna and filming and editting these reviews and went to bed @ 2AM with work @ 8AM to get these results on the Forums. Enjoy the videos guys.........Dave M0OGYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2uV_TOfuSQ

10 Meter Ham tests

On Wenesday evening I will be conducting 10 Meter Ham band tests on my Magnum 257HP and hopefully a Belcom LS102L if I get time to use both.All videos will be uploaded to Youtube with the findings this week......73's De Dave M0OGY North Lincolnshire UK.

What . . . Start with Phil Collins (was it?) . . . and end with AC/DC theme music?
Right.

Thanks for that viddy Dave; all very nice. Did have one question though. Did you have a chance to use the analyzer on 12, 15, and 17 meters on the GM? Just for a lark, could you show us then? Just curious if it can go tit-for-tat with the Imax - you see?

What . . . Start with Phil Collins (was it?) . . . and end with AC/DC theme music?
Right.

Thanks for that viddy Dave; all very nice. Did have one question though. Did you have a chance to use the analyzer on 12, 15, and 17 meters on the GM? Just for a lark, could you show us then? Just curious if it can go tit-for-tat with the Imax - you see?

Yes the music is a little "British" humour, we don't take life too serious. The answers in the songs. Anyway I can try it on the analiser on 12,15 and 17 meters for sure. To be honest I just tried it on the stated bands. I do know guys use Imax 2000s and A99s on those bands, I won't use mine on there as I have the antennas below it on the tower. Consider it done Robb. Thanks for the reply Fella

Now this is the most impressive , It is just on the same power, no trickery or BS......this is for real Fellas. I hope this helps make your minds up. I spent all weekend in the UKs Rain building and installing this antenna and filming and editting these reviews and went to bed @ 2AM with work @ 8AM to get these results on the Forums. Enjoy the videos guys.........Dave M0OGY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2uV_TOfuSQ

Excellent Video work and the results are promising!

Now I know what's going in the tree!

Since you've had both, what would you say about a comparison of the IMAX 2000 against the SGM?

Last edited:
Another two way video with Radish

ty 4 videos. its nice to see both ends of the tx/rx end of the gm .

My Mate Ian is in a big city around 15 miles away,this is the 3rd video with the bigger signal jump The +30 video is over flat ground in the North Lincolnshire countryside.I didn't have the videogate rolling @ my end for the Radish video. I will conduct the test with him again ,this time two way video to prove it 100%. I swear on any bible I WAS just flicking the antenna switch. I do understand it is a massive jump , like maybe a linear would cause ,but this is not the case.As soon as I can contact Ian again I will repeat this test. By the way his radio is a Cobra 148 GTL DX and his antenna is a Sirio Vector 4000 (I think) but again I will get this comfirmed too_On Wednesday evening I will do 10 Meter AM/FM and SSB tests and will show what other Ham bands it will work on via the MFJ analiser.

Large signals

Here is an example of what I was talking about when comparing signals that are not so high in the area of S9> on your meter. You sometimes get to see a better picture of the magnitude in the difference.

YouTube - Sirio Gainmaster first test

I understand this all too well. But to move even an S9 + 30DB signal as it did is some feat over 12 miles. On every TX and RX test I have done I see between "S" 1 and "S" 3 improvement with "S" 2 the norm. It realy is like putting a pre amp in line on RX.

Imax 2000

Excellent Video work and the results are promising!

Now I know what's going in the tree!

Since you've had both, what would you say about a comparison of the IMAX 2000 against the SGM?

I had an Imax 2000 in around 2001. I found it was not up to our strong winds.........thus buying the Shakesphere. I know the Shakespere was a little stronger on both TX and RX compared to the Imax and that was prior to upgrading it with the radial kit and earth system........so in my location the Imax was the poorer peforming antenna, not by a massive amount , but it was. I wanted to buy either a Coily Ecalibur or a Joe in the Mohave antenna last year but I know the build quality and power handling is awesome......but quoted around $400+ to get the Coily to my home was just out the question for a vertical (at this time anyway). What I would like you guys over in the USA to do some reviews via Youtube against the Gain Master and these two Bad Boys......but I feel I already have an idea of the results you will see!!..........come on us Europeans would love to see that "Shoot Out". I guess the main issue for the 2 Division is the power handling of the Sirio.Thanks for your comments and interest Scott......and get one up in your tree, I'm sure you'll not regret it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.